I wanna add a original floyd to my guitar for some added versatility andmy current one keeps going out of tune. How owuld would it cost and is it able to be done on my current guitar?
Last edited by 3reach at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by tonybony1491
whats your current guitar?

Jackson JS1r Dinky. I want a real floyd because my current one keeps going out of tune.
Do you have a licensed floyd on it currently? I don't know what model yours is and I'm too lazy to look it up.
The JS1R has a vintage style trem if I remember correctly. So unless you want it non-recessed or you can route the space for the trem, more than it's worth. I'd save up and buy a better guitar with a trem.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

The OFR itself with go for $200+. A tech will probably ask for at least $100 to install it, probably more.
Quote by 3reach
Jackson JS1r Dinky. I want a real floyd because my current one keeps going out of tune.

Buy a new guitar putting a $250 OFR on a $150 guitar is doesn't make sense and it's just not a good use of your money...

A better way to spend your money is on this

Get a ESP LTD M-100 for $300 American.

Basswood body flame maple top and it comes with a Floyd Rose Special. This is a real Floyd Rose made by ping in Korea

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-m-100fm-electric-guitar

This little LTD super strat is IMHO one of if not the best entry level guitar on the market.

Go to the nearest guitar center and play one you'll be suprised how much better it than the JS1 you have.

EDIT:
Quote by Offworld92

Get a guitar with an FR in it already. Someone said it above, but LTD makes very cheap guitars with pretty decent FR's in them. Anything from their 50/100 line.

Of course, if you have a bigger budget, then just let us know what it is, and we can help you find a good guitar for you.

TS a LTD m-50 doesn't have a Floyd Rose it's about the same quality as the JS1 you already have.

What kind of budget do you have? Bigger budget more options especially if you are willing to go used.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Aug 5, 2011,
They have to route your body- paint will chip.

Better off buying a new guitar. Seriously.

Or don't use your trem.

Or try to use techniques to help- graphite in the nut, bridge saddles and winding your strings in the tuning keys in the way that locks them.
Putting an FR in a non-FR guitar is never a financially viable option, unless the guitar is extremely sentimental, and you are positive you want to.

It's a very in depth process, and is very expensive. It would cost at the very least twice as much as your guitar costs new.

Get a guitar with an FR in it already. Someone said it above, but LTD makes very cheap guitars with pretty decent FR's in them. Anything from their 50/100 line.

Of course, if you have a bigger budget, then just let us know what it is, and we can help you find a good guitar for you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X