i recently bought the line 6 spider IV. but i only use one of the 12 amp models, and one of the 9 effects on only 2 songs! over all i dont this amp is for me. what i want is an kinda vintage style amp......bass mid high gain and reverb. something simple but powerfull. im looking for somewhere under 200 dollars. anyy suggestions?
line 6 amps suck a big one, the only thing i can think of with a descent tone for under 200 is an epiphone valve jr.
Durka
Help us help you: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

Quote by VelvetFireBC491
line 6 amps suck a big one, the only thing i can think of with a descent tone for under 200 is an epiphone valve jr.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
... you really aren't gonna get very far for only 200 bucks.... but for the tone that your looking for i would definitely check out vox. thats where you wanna be. however, just did a quick little look and i think you may be the most satisfied with a fender super champ. its tube which is a huge plus and it will definitely give you that "vintage" sound. u just have to save up a little bit more. in the end though, i think that is what you'll be happier with
Quote by plethuraguitar
200or less----i play blues/rock------new or used-----both practice and giging

Yeah good luck with that, even used. Unless you find a REEAAAALLLLYYYY good deal, 200 bucks isn't gonna cut it for gigging unless you want ANOTHER modeling amp.

Maybe a used Fender Superchamp XD. That's all I can really think of tbh. Good luck.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
A Peavey ValveKing would be good for that. You can get the 112 combo used for around $200.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ Yeah except the 112 combo sounds like shit, IMO. The speaker is garbage and the stock tubes are terrible. If he increased his budget and got the head and a decent 112 cab or modded the 112 combo, then it would be perfect.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Because that's totally an option for $200.

The ValveKing is a decent amp. I had one for a while, and I have fond memories of it. Sure, it has a lot of flaws, but for what TS plays and what he needs, you're going to be very hard pressed to find a better amp for the price.

On top of that, the VK is an awesome modding platform, and can be turned into a good amp with a bit of work, if he decides to keep it.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Ayses
If he increased his budget and got the head and a decent 112 cab or modded the 112 combo, then it would be perfect. Or modded the 112 combo

Quote by Offworld92
Because that's totally an option for $200.

On top of that, the VK is an awesome modding platform, and can be turned into a good amp with a bit of work, if he decides to keep it.

Yep. That's what I just said.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Last edited by Ayses at Aug 4, 2011,
bring your budget up to $300, i will sell you my flextone.....dont want to officially sell it but gotta help other guitarists in need right? its a great amp, plenty loud (75w SS. it gets some good volume though, good for gigging if mic'ed). coveres plenty of genre's, its got some of Line 6's best pre-amp models and an upgraded speaker to a WGS 30 (v30 clone but better IMO)
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED