I have a 150 watt spider 4 and would like to know if i could possibly run it through a cabinet if I were to start gigging.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. I realize that everyone hates spiders on this site but please, helpful responses?
....Yeah? It's the head right? Not the 2x12 combo? But if it's the 2x12 combo, you wouldn't need a 4x12, unless you were just trying to be cool, which then you would fail. I hate 4x12's, although they are useful for getting a good thick sound at gigs, they are stupidly heavy.
Step 1. Check if you have a speaker output in the back (just googled, it does)

Step 2. Match up ohms correctly

(Step 3, research the equipment you're buying before you buy it)

(Step 4, do research and find an amp that isn't rubish).

Steps 3 and 4 are skip-able if it's TLDR.

Edit:Why do you need a cab for a 2x12?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
So as long as the ohms of the cabinet I get is the same as the amp I have it will work?
Yes, but why would you want to?

Not bashing the spider, just why would you want to run it through another cabinet?
RIP Gooze

cats
I like the tone for my distortion on my spider as well as the versitile effects I can get. Considering I use it so often, gigging with it would feel natural.
Quote by Wraithbound
I like the tone for my distortion on my spider as well as the versitile effects I can get. Considering I use it so often, gigging with it would feel natural.
Yeah. But why do you need a cab?
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
The amp is not loud enough for a gig so I'm looking into ways of making it louder. Sorry if I'm a noob and that made no sense. XD
Quote by Wraithbound
The amp is not loud enough for a gig so I'm looking into ways of making it louder. Sorry if I'm a noob and that made no sense. XD
That amp's easily loud enough. Stop scooping your mids. A new cab isn't going to make you noticeably louder anyway. It'll definitely allow your sound to project better, but it won't make you more audible if volume is the problem in the first place.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Yeah, new cab won't really help with the loudness.
But a 150w solid state amp should be easily loud enough...

If you want it louder mic it up to a pa.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Wraithbound
The amp is not loud enough for a gig so I'm looking into ways of making it louder.

adding a 412 won't do that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.