Page 1 of 2
This thread is a somewhat continuation of this one.

Republican congressperson Steve King has some very strong words for contraception.

Quote by Steve King
Preventing babies from being born is not medicine. That's not -- that's not constructive to our culture and our civilization. If we let our birth rate get down below replacement rate we're a dying civilization.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/08/03/286209/gop-rep-steve-king-free-birth-control-will-make-america-a-dying-civilization/

I for one applaud his efforts to save our sexually deviant population.
Last edited by due 07 at Aug 4, 2011,
Steve King always has been and probably always will be a moron.
Check out my band Disturbed
What planet do these morons live on...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Hahahaha. That's hilarious. Keep the guns, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
with the global population hitting 7 billion in the VERY near future i am not to concerned about contraception. I am a little more worried about the food supply, the water supply and the effect humans are having on the earth than good moral church going white folk spitting out more kids.
Steve King THE ACTOR?!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Also, no condoms! Or fapping! And ladies, no periods! We have to reproduce more or we'll all DIE!
Quote by zenbone
with the global population hitting 7 billion in the VERY near future i am not to concerned about contraception. I am a little more worried about the food supply, the water supply and the effect humans are having on the earth than good moral church going white folk spitting out more kids.

Contraception is what's gonna end up saving this planet, so you should be concerned about it.
Quote by zenbone

As a good, moral, church-going caucasian I support this statement.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Also, no condoms! Or fapping! And ladies, no periods! We have to reproduce more or we'll all DIE!

Yes. And don't let the shit suckers convince you otherwise.

>.>
As Zenbone said, I find describing us as a dying civilisation, considering how overpopulated and strained for resource the world is, a little...perplexing shall we say.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I am so ashamed of my country for allowing politicians this misinformed to be elected.
We have too many people in the world as it is, way too many people. Overpopulation is the U.S.'s biggest problem if you ask me, if we had less people, we'd have less to worry about. Too bad that thought is always taken to the extreme in such forms as eugenics and genocide. Either way, this guy is completely off... the more contraceptives, the less seriously sex is taken in society. The less seriously its taken, the less precautions people take. Ironic, but thats what happens. But whatever, f*** it, I play guitar.
Quote by Masamune
Yes. And don't let the shit suckers convince you otherwise.

>.>

I'm ****ing stupid. I don't get it.

OT: I disagree of course. I understand that everybody seems to fear a birth-rate crisis, but with the population approaching seven billion, peak-oil looming closer, human impact on the planet, etc, a lower population will save us and the planet in the long run.

Edit: ^ IMO overpopulation alone isn't the issue. China is the most overpopulated country, but the U.S. consumes the most resources. I think urban sprawl and our materialistic lifestyles are mostly to blame.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 4, 2011,
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Maybe if we killed babies with guns, it would be okay. But I think we have to duct tape knives to their hands first.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Kensai
What planet do these morons live on...?

Apparently one that's dangerously underpopulated...
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Maybe if we killed babies with guns, it would be okay. But I think we have to duct tape knives to their hands first.

No, we need a gun that shoots babies out of it!

edit: babies with knives duct taped to their hands.
Quote by rgrockr
Apparently one that's dangerously underpopulated...

Mars?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Ill stop pulling out when im ready damn it!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Kensai
Mars?

No, if anything Mars is inhabited by intelligent life.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
No, if anything Mars is inhabited by intelligent life.
I lol'd.
Yep this is Americas future. After they get done blaming the debt crisis on Liberals, Obama will lose the 2012 election and Conservatives will take power.

We had nice 200 years guys.
Last edited by WaterGod at Aug 4, 2011,
Soon S.W.A.T. teams will be busting down the doors of 13-year-olds for committing genocide on millions of potential children.
Quote by WaterGod
Yep this is Americas future. After they get done blaming the debt crisis on Liberals, Obama will lose the 2012 election and Conservatives will take power.

We had nice 200 years guys.

You live in the stupidest part of the country. Over here, everyone thinks conservatives are a joke. And even if the Republicans win, it'll be Romney, who's pretty liberal anyway.
Quote by genghisgandhi
You live in the stupidest part of the country. Over here, everyone thinks conservatives are a joke. And even if the Republicans win, it'll be Romney, who's pretty liberal anyway.

Not really there's plenty of liberals here, even a Planned Parenthood right outside my highschool.
Quote by slipknot5678
Edit: ^ IMO overpopulation alone isn't the issue. China is the most overpopulated country, but the U.S. consumes the most resources. I think urban sprawl and our materialistic lifestyles are mostly to blame.

Canada consumes more oil per capita than the US.
Quote by Dirge Humani

Correct, and Iceland uses the most electricity per capita and more oil per capita as well I believe. There are many countries that use more than the U.S. in many cases, but generally speaking the U.S. consume the most resources. This is just me speaking though, I'm most likely wrong.

http://atlas.aaas.org/index.php?part=2

This is the first "reliable source" I found when I googled "which country consumes the most resources". I don't know if it's really reliable. I think that's why I'm so misinformed; I can't tell a reliable source from an unreliable source.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 4, 2011,
Well, I guess that means fappers should be arrested; you know because ejaculation causes the death of 300 million potential babies.
America is at the perfect total fertillity rate right something like 2.3 which is right around the sustaining level. A lot of european countries are at like 1.5 which could cause some issues down the line if it doesnt get up to the sustaining level. Birth control and its various forms is what allows westernized countries to function. Anyone who says anything different is a total douche
Quote by Dirge Humani

Canada population: approx. 33 million.
US population: approx. 307 million.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
Canada population: approx. 33 million.
US population: approx. 307 million.

Yeah, so? They still consume more per capita. No shit the US is going to consume more in total, but we use comparatively less than Canada.
Quote by epiless
America is at the perfect total fertillity rate right something like 2.3 which is right around the sustaining level. A lot of european countries are at like 1.5 which could cause some issues down the line if it doesnt get up to the sustaining level. Birth control and its various forms is what allows westernized countries to function. Anyone who says anything different is a total douche

I don't know if "douche" is the right word. I think the birth control needs to not be at a sustainable level for a while. I understand the consequences, but I think those are better than the alternative.

But as I previously stated, I feel that consumption is a bigger issue, so if that changed, the birth rate wouldn't have to decrease by much.
This man has a very extreme view. Yes, he's right that if everyone used birth control and stopped having children then we'd have a problem. But i doubt that'll be the case. Ever.

The guy is fearing what COULD (but highly unlikely) happen. Seems uninformed on the subject though
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Dirge Humani
Yeah, so? They still consume more per capita. No shit the US is going to consume more in total, but we use comparatively less than Canada.

Kind of the point.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Page 1 of 2