Hello again,

So recently my multi-effects pedal (Digitech RP350) gave out on me during a gig. I really loved that thing...nice sounds, great modelling...

Anyway, I've started investing in some individual pedals (compressor, chorus ect) and I have got to the point where I need a pedal board. I've already looked at my options on the internet (BOSS, PedalTrain) and I've decided to try my hand at making my own. I was thinking of buying this to accommodate all my pedals:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150560353750

Would this work for Tonerider and BOSS pedals? And would it have a lot of hum? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

It would work but:
With something like that you can get insane noise (due to ground loop i guess and not sufficent filtering)
If you loved your digitech rp350, than it's a better idead to get another multi FX.
Also the single pedals are not a good investment nowdays, For one: a good reverb costs as much as the RP350, and the reverb is digital, so you can't evade the digital stage really.
Also, you have to say goodby to the presets.... and welcom pedal dancing.
there's a bit of noise generally on them but they work.

It would work to beginw ith but eventually I would invest in a dc brick, or g-bus or something similar (I have a gator pedal tote with the g-bus included and I get a lot less power supply noise than from my old daisy chain)
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
i myself can recommend you 1spot if you dont want to buy something like voodoo labs.

I use 1 spot and I use about 10 pedals (some of which are really really noisy with other PS but silent with 1 spot)
quite the thing for low budget, and i'd rely on it (in fact I already do!)

EDIT: how exactly did your RP350 give up on you? may be it's repairable
Last edited by Vendetta V at Aug 4, 2011,
I'm really considering buying the 1 spot now, looks really good for the money! Thanks for the help man.

My RP just pretty much died in front of me on stage. First of all it cut out and no signal came through, so I plugged directly into my amp for the rest of the song. I went to get a replacement power supply out of my bag but it still didn't work, so I had to continue the gig just rolling back the volume knob on my guitar for cleans. When I got home I looked at it and plugged it in again. It turned on, but no signal came through my amp, and literally none of the features worked (footswitch, presets ect) so it's just dead. The screen displays random letters for some odd reason.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.