I've got an Ibanez GRGR121EX guitar that I've had for a year or so now and wondered if it's better to just get some decent pick ups and put them on it instead of getting a new guitar?

I figured that pick ups are cheaper and would improve the sound of the guitar because I do like the shape and feel of it just the sound quality isn't brilliant.

Or would getting another guitar and just selling it be a better option?
Quote by Benny150592
I've got an Ibanez GRGR121EX guitar that I've had for a year or so now and wondered if it's better to just get some decent pick ups and put them on it instead of getting a new guitar?

I figured that pick ups are cheaper and would improve the sound of the guitar because I do like the shape and feel of it just the sound quality isn't brilliant.

Or would getting another guitar and just selling it be a better option?

It's up to you, in the end. Do you like every single thing about the guitar, BUT the sound? Do you think new pickups would make that much of a difference?

Personally, I'd get a new guitar. Depending on your amp, I might just go for a new amp instead.
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
Well I've got a Vox VT40 that I bought a few months ago which I love so I don't think it's the amp. And yeah, other than it's really scratched cause I bought it second hand.

Maybe a new guitar is a good idea, need to start saving up the coins then. Heh.
I'd recommend getting a higher-end RG, but as far as I know the shape and looks wont be very different (if at all). Changing pickups on my RG's made a MASSIVE difference in sound! So if you've got the cash, maybe try out some similar guitars but if you're happy with the way it feels/plays then look into new pickups. I'd recommend the Dimarzio Evolutions for an RG if you're a rock/metal/shred fan