i know what it is and so on , but why do people consider going from C to F to Bb
going up in fifths these are fourths ?
That's moving down a fifth, which is the same as moving up a fourth. You travel one way around the circle descending and the other ascending.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
well, you're going backwards. Bb-F is a 5th. F-C is a 5th. you're just reading it backwards.

also when you're descending a scale, it tends to be the 5th note you play.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i dont get it , a interval from c to f is a forth no matter how you look at it

so to me a circle of fiths is going from C-G-D so on and the circle of forths is the
other way .

i know your right though because this is the way i see it explained all the time .
Quote by modem
i dont get it , a interval from c to f is a forth no matter how you look at it .

A perfect fifth represents 7 semi-tones while a perfect fourth is 5, correct?

Ascending perfect fifth:

C Db D Eb E F Gb G
0 1  2 3  4 5 6  7

Ascending perfect fourth:

C Db D Eb E F
0 1  2 3  4 5

Descending perfect fifth:

C B Bb A Ab G Gb F
0 1 2  3 4  5 6  7

Descending perfect fourth:

C B Bb A Ab G
0 1 2  3 4  5

In the same way, moving from C - E is a major 3rd if you ascend and a minor sixth if you descend. The same could be said of all intervals.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Quote by soviet_ska

Descending perfect fifth:

C B Bb A Ab G Gb F
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Descending perfect fourth:

C B Bb A Ab G
0 1 2 3 4 5

In the same way, moving from C - E is a major 3rd if you ascend and a minor sixth if you descend. The same could be said of all intervals.

great explanation i see what your saying,

i never seen it explained like that C-B-Bb so on , i just looked at it as C to f .

thx.