So I keep seeing all these ads for a new service called Spotify. Apparently as a member you can listen to any song by any artist instantly on your computer for free, and as a paying member even on the go on your phone. Has anyone heard anything about this or tried it? The concept sounds interesting and it also seems to have a big focus on the sharing of music with other members...
Spotify has been around for ages in Europe. It is a great service, I use it frequently.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
This "wheel" people are talking about, when is it gonna roll by Sweden? Soonish?

Life's quite square at the moment.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Aug 4, 2011,
Breaking news: Hitler is dead! Allies celebrate.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Demon Wolf
Spotify has been around for ages in Europe. It is a great service, I use it frequently.

Been in the US for a few years as well. As much as I like clouds for having a back-up, I don't foresee them revolutionizing music the way mp3s or wax cylinders did, largely because the industry continues to hype them as such.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
I hear there's this new band called the Beatles starting soon, I think they'll be big in a few years.
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Late to the party, yes

And it's not quite any song by any artist, but yeah it's pretty damn good. You'd be a fool not to have it by now.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Apparently some guy called Thomas Edison has invented some sort of lighting device called a "light bulb". Can't see it ever catching on.
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
i've been using the free version for a few years, it's very good but you have to put up with irritating adverts every so often. the subscription version doesn't have these ads.

i recently downloaded some software that allows tracks to be copied, that's worth having.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

ok so as of 2011 the free version is available by invite only...regardless I guess I have been living under a rock and its time to try it out myself
it's crap now they've added charges, kinda defeats the point a bit. i suppose it's good vasluer for money, but the quality's not great and i prefer just using youtube really
Have had the premium subscription for a while now, definitely worth it. Has most music that I'd want to look up and listen to regularly, and allows me to sync that music to my phone to listen to while offline. Bloody useful really.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Kilobyte
Have had the premium subscription for a while now, definitely worth it. Has most music that I'd want to look up and listen to regularly, and allows me to sync that music to my phone to listen to while offline. Bloody useful really.

Indeed. I just found out I could sync my local music to my phone as well! Really useful.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I have it but I never use it. Whenever I wanna look up a band I've not listened to yet, about the half the time they're not on there so I just bounce over to Youtube.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by PeZ546
I don't use Spotify and never will because I'm an elitist prick who still buys CD's.

If you're an elitist shouldn't you buy vinyl?

I liked it and used it a lot from when it first started (I got it in, like, the first week it was out) and used it for about a year or so. Since then the amount of ads seems to have tripled and I lost patience with it.
don't they only allow covers and no actual studio recordings from the bands?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by LotsofLicks
So I keep seeing all these ads for a new service called Spotify. Apparently as a member you can listen to any song by any artist instantly on your computer for free, and as a paying member even on the go on your phone. Has anyone heard anything about this or tried it? The concept sounds interesting and it also seems to have a big focus on the sharing of music with other members...

You mean, via a computer and internet?

No way man. Stop smoking bro.
Quote by TheBurningFish
I'm not alone!

What we really need is to bring back tapes.

Tape compression

OT: **** Spotify, Grooveshark is for winners.
Quote by TheBurningFish
I'm not alone!

What we really need is to bring back tapes.

Yes! There's nothing I like better than having to rewind an album back to the beginning every time I want to listen to it!

EDIT: MiniDisc's are the future, man!

Last edited by PeZ546 at Aug 4, 2011,
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I used to use it before the free service turned shocking. Unlimited plays of songs and unlimited usage to 10 hours a month and five plays of a song. That and the adverts have started playing mid song.
Quote by StewieSwan
Breaking news: Hitler is dead! Allies celebrate.

Yay! Party at TS' house.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.