I'm looking into getting a new cell phone and plan, and I kinda want to have internet on it. I just don't know what all I would use it for. I got the idea from a friend who has Pandora on her phone and listens to that while driving. However, other than that and facebook, I don't know if the extra $20 a month would be worth it.

What do you guys do with internet on your phones?
I'm almost always in Wifi, so I just went with 200mb a month for $15 a month. The most I've ever used in a month is like, 70mb when I got lost in Connecticut once.

Also, both ATT and Verizon no longer offer unlimited to new customers, the maximum is 2Gb/mo.
Mostly for Google Maps when I get lost, which is quite often >.<

Other than that I don't use it much, except maybe if I'm in a bookstore and I need to look up an author or something. When I'm bored I check my Facebook notifications but I don't actually do anything.
cat
facebook, email, twitter, news, maps/sat nav, spotify. Once you get a smartphone you will never know how you got through life without one.
Quote by guitarxo
Mostly for Google Maps when I get lost, which is quite often >.<

Other than that I don't use it much, except maybe if I'm in a bookstore and I need to look up an author or something. When I'm bored I check my Facebook notifications but I don't actually do anything.

that's pretty much what I think I would do, so I don't know if I want it. I don't think Pandora in the car is worth the extra $20, and I already have a GPS in the car.

Quote by Dirge Humani
I'm almost always in Wifi, so I just went with 200mb a month for $15 a month. The most I've ever used in a month is like, 70mb when I got lost in Connecticut once.

Also, both ATT and Verizon no longer offer unlimited to new customers, the maximum is 2Gb/mo.

I was looking at Virgin Mobile, they have unlimited messaging and data for $35 a month.
I think you adapt to how much you have. I listen to spotify sometimes and use youtube, google maps etc.

Also just browsing around on the internet when i'm bored.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
If you're going to listen to spotify in your mobile phone you must either have the premium account which allows you to sync songs to your phone so you don't have to stream them all the time as this is really going to zap away your mb/month, or you get a subscription which gets you a few gb/month which you can use.

I got an HTC Sensation with 1 gb/month which I think is quite enough. I've only had it 2 weeks but I've not even used 300 mb (30%) of my limit. I browse the internet, stream the occasional song, download apps (though rarely, I normally use wi-fi for "heavy" stuff), etc.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by byob_soad2
that's pretty much what I think I would do, so I don't know if I want it. I don't think Pandora in the car is worth the extra $20, and I already have a GPS in the car.

not sure if this is relevant, but I forgot to say I only used wifi until last month which is when my plan got upgraded to 100mb a month. But I know I'm not using all of it, it was just cheaper than the one without a data plan.

From my experience/what I've heard from other people, you'll either end up not using your plan at all or going way over your limit.
cat
Quote by byob_soad2

I was looking at Virgin Mobile, they have unlimited messaging and data for $35 a month.

Always look in the fine print when a company says "unlimited" or anything like that. It is usually limited...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
If you're going to listen to spotify in your mobile phone you must either have the premium account which allows you to sync songs to your phone so you don't have to stream them all the time as this is really going to zap away your mb/month, or you get a subscription which gets you a few gb/month which you can use.

I got an HTC Sensation with 1 gb/month which I think is quite enough. I've only had it 2 weeks but I've not even used 300 mb (30%) of my limit. I browse the internet, stream the occasional song, download apps (though rarely, I normally use wi-fi for "heavy" stuff), etc.

I've never used Spotify but I assume it's at least somewhat similar to Pandora. Either way, the plan I was looking at has unlimited 3G and wi-fi.

I'd probably put in music every time I drive anywhere, which probably averages to about an hour a day. According to ATT's calculator, that's just under 1GB.

Quote by Kensai
Always look in the fine print when a company says "unlimited" or anything like that. It is usually limited...

Yeah, that's true. I'll have to look.

EDIT: It says after using 2.5 GB your speed may be "limited to 3G speeds of 256 kbps or below for the remainder of that plan cycle."
Last edited by byob_soad2 at Aug 4, 2011,