I have a Schecter Damien Elite 6, and every time I have down-tuned to D-Standard from Standard (Last I checked, that loosened the strings), my high E string has broken every time I do a bend. It has happened with the last three sets of strings I had. The other 5 strings are fine, and I can bend the high E as much as I want when it's in Standard. I don't understand why after loosening the strings and doing a bend, it breaks the string. I also just had it in half-step and it didn't break the string when I did a bend then. Is it something with the bridge or the brand strings I'm using? They are D'adarrio 10-46 if that helps. I forget exactly which ones though, I think the Nickel ones. If anyone can help, thank you.

For the TL;DR people, I break strings when I down-tune a full step, need advice.
My Band:
The 8th Degree
Facebook.com/The8thDegreeBand

My Gear
Guitars:

Schecter Damien Elite 6
ESP LTD MH-53

Amps
Fender Frontman 212R 100W
Line 6 Spider III 75W

Effects
Dunlop GCB-95
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus

<3 7/4/11 <3
Maybe your tailpiece or your nut is snapping the string.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^+1

Most of the time when strings are breaking regularly, there's something sharp in contact with it. Check the nut and the bridge for any sharp edges.

I don't know why it might be breaking more in a lower tuning though.
Same. It really doesn't make any sense. Is there anything specific I should look for?
My Band:
The 8th Degree
Facebook.com/The8thDegreeBand

My Gear
Guitars:

Schecter Damien Elite 6
ESP LTD MH-53

Amps
Fender Frontman 212R 100W
Line 6 Spider III 75W

Effects
Dunlop GCB-95
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus

<3 7/4/11 <3
You could check if there's any rough edges on your saddles or the slots on your nut. You can use a graphite pencil to lubricate the nut and you could possibly file the rough bits on the saddle if you're savvy. If you don't want to, or can't figure out the problem yourself you can always take it to your local luthier/guitar store. If they're nice, sometimes they'll show you what they do and give you a few tips if you ask.

It could also be you picking too hard on a smaller gauge of string, but thats a stretch.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.