So you guessed it, looking for a new amp. Here's what I play and what I'm looking for.

Genres: Blues, Punk Blues, U2, and Blues Rock I suppose..

Home or Gig: Gig.

Price range: $700

New or Used: New, please.

The style I'm looking for is something thats 15W-30W tube with 1x12" even though I gig. I can mic an amp and I still want something thats not huge so its easy to transport.

I currently have a Marshall MG15 dfx and a Peavey Special 130, so I really need something new.

My current guitar is a 1978 Greco LP Standard but I look to get a Dexuxe Strat later this year.

My pedalboard:

Vox Big Bad Wah > Luther Drive (ts808) > Little Big Muff > TU-2 > Phase 90 > DD-7

These are the two amps I'm looking at, I'll probably get one of these and I need help deciding, please do not suggest a Pevaey 6505 or a classic 30 or suggest to get a used marshall. Thanks!

Fender Blues Jr NOS Tweed:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-hot-rod-series-blues-junior-nos-15w-1x12-tube-guitar-combo-amp

Palonmino v32:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/palomino-v32-30w-class-a-tube-combo-amp
Last edited by Dmaj7 at Aug 4, 2011,
I'm confused as to why you have the VOX AC15 on there and the Crate Palomino, and explicitly say not to suggest a classic 30... Both the Palomino and the Classic 30 are more or less AC30 knock offs... and would fit the style you're going for nicely...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by Musicman48858
I'm confused as to why you have the VOX AC15 on there and the Crate Palomino, and explicitly say not to suggest a classic 30... Both the Palomino and the Classic 30 are more or less AC30 knock offs... and would fit the style you're going for nicely...

Because I don't like the way the peavey responds/feels. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the AC15. I should go ahead and take it off the list.

The AC15 breaks up at lower volumes and I want somethin clean. The v32 has 4 power tubes at 30W meaning higher clean volumes.
Last edited by Dmaj7 at Aug 4, 2011,
Well, for an extra $100 you can get a 20watt Hughes and Kettner Statesman. I liked my old one significantly more than the 25th anniversary, and it does pretty much all the things you're looking for to a T.

I'd avoid the Blues Jr unless you're willing to mod it. They tend to get really farty and flubby if you use them live. But yeah, there are lots of mods for them which can turn them into a great little amp.

Otherwise my vote would go to the H&K 25th