My friend is looking for mic and mixer for Recording and live playing ( nothing to serious just for fun)

here is his exact quote "Alright. I have around $150 for a good quality mic and a mixer together. Used okay. I guess I cannot buy new one with that budget. The mixer should have at least two inputs (one for vocal and one for keyboard). Mic is for vocal and should be good for home recording. Prefer to have all the chords, stand and filter in the package. "

What do you reccomend? I found him a shure SM57 for 50$ on Craigslist, and that all i got for now, as I'm not too informed about this kind of stuff.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Anybody have any ideas?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
At zzounds.com the

Behringer Xenyx 502 $39.99
Find a used SM 57/58 $50ish
20 ft XLR-XLR mic cable $9.95
Mic stand $20
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Is that pretty good though? Like best he can do?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Aashraya
Is that pretty good though? Like best he can do?

he might do a little better, but he would deff need to find it used, then its still a strech. A diecent mixer $400 new. A diecent mic $100, then a cable and stand for $40.

Look I have a diecent, but not great PA system that at retail it would run me @$12,000. I paid like 1/2 that because most of what I bought was used.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 5, 2011,
* http://www.needmalls.com
* Jame shoes $30--39
* jordan air max oakland raiders $30--39
* Jordan Spizike shoes $35
* Jordan 2011 shoes $48
* Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35
* Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35
* Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16
* AF tshirt $15
* Jean(True Religion,VERSACE,coogi) $30
* Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16
* New era cap $15
* Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20
* FREE SHIPPING
* ACCEPT PAYPAL
* http://www.needmalls.com
So your getting a mixer, then what?

Have you got speakers? Power amp? Crossover?

For home recording its easy, most usb interfaces will be two channel minimum.

I wouldnt generally reccomend anything made by behringer.

Get the SM58, check up on the net that its legit compare pics.

You still need a mic stand and XLR cable. Youd probbaly get them on ebay for the cheapest.
Cool yea, He need its for recording vocals and keyboard, and some live playing with friends and stuff.

So he's looking for a mic, mixer, with cables and all that. I think he is getting speakers, wouldnt the mixer kinda be the power amp? Whats a cross over?

I'm not fully informed about mics and stuff so I do not know.

Quote by Robbgnarly
At zzounds.com the

Behringer Xenyx 502 $39.99
Find a used SM 57/58 $50ish
20 ft XLR-XLR mic cable $9.95
Mic stand $20

My friends wanted to know if the 502 or 808 offer any various effects to enhance vocals and such. Like Reverb, etc. for live performances.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at Aug 5, 2011,