You've probably seen a thread like this before. But my question here is: Are these things worth it? I mean I love the bright colored look of them, but if they don't last or have good tone I'm not gonna bother. I want strings that last long (like coated strings should) and have a nice bright and punchy tone (although i've heard the elixir coated strings are quite dull). So if these neons are not for me, what are some good alternatives?
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Two of my lecturers use them. One tours with Moby and the other does load of UK stuff.

They sound pretty good.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I absolutely love these strings. I have a set of green ones on my Spector 5-string, and they as good today as they did last december when I put them on. I love the tone, the colour has last brilliantly (few spots of wear in line with some of the frets, but seriously not noticeable from more than a foot away). Pick-style, finger-style, slap, they respond well to everything.

I agree with you about the elixirs; I love them for guitar, but their bass strings just don't do it for me...

So yeah, big thumbs up, go ahead and slap em on, you won't regret it.
I was surprised to hear they work even with a pick (read some bad reviews I guess). But I'm definitely going to slap them on my black on black J-bass. Some green ones should give me some attention .
Yeah I only really got them as a gimmick, I have them on a black/gold spector, but I was amazed at how well they performed as an all-around string. Maybe I'm not as discerning as some (I'm a Line6 fan, I've heard that tanks my credibility ), but I love them.
I've been meaning to pick up a set of these when I have a spare £35 laying around...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I think they are slightly overpriced, but cool as frick. They sound rather nice as well and seem to last through considerably playing (at least fingerstyle).
All looks and no tone at all in my personal experience.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
They sound great to me, looks aside. I'm gonna keep buying them mainly for their feel and sound, but it is awesome having super bright strings that stand out.
Okay.. So is there a good sounding string that's alternative to these that sounds good and lasts a long time too? Possibly cheaper?
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
I Have black beauties on my black and gold P bass and a set of cool blues on my black luna. They sound kinda dull out of the box ,but they sound the same today as they did when I put them on.
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)