go!

i personally love tomas haake for his polyrhythmic ability, creativity and versatility.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Haake is incredible. I just got the latest Cephalic Carnage album and the drumming is phenomenal. I love the two guys in Kylesa too, Eric Hernandez and Carl McGinley. There are definitely others but my brain isn't working today.

Brann Dailor is my absolute favorite though.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Haake would probably be my choice as well. Either him or Matt Halpern. I've been listening to a lot of Periphery lately and I'm really loving all aspects of his playing.
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
i think matt halpern is amazing too

periphery; love that shit!
Check out also Wawrzyniec Dramowicz from Indukti.He is a very versatile drummer.
Jay Postones from Tesseract. Also Hannes Grossman from Obscura and Ryan van Poederooyen from The Devin Townsend Band/Project.
Quote by AmericanZero13
Allen Blickle, from Baroness is quite impressive in my book
This guy is so underrated, this is the first time I've seen someone other than myself mention him. Awesome, haha.

IMO definitely Tomas Haake, Sean Reinert, Bobby Jarzombek, Derek Roddy, Gene Hoglan, Mike Heller, Jamie Saint Merat, Jon Karel, Elliot Hoffman, Kai Hahto, Sebastian Lanser, Chris Pennie, Travis Orbin, Matt Halpern, Martin Lopez, Dan Foord, John Longstreth, Navene Koperweis, Nick Pierce, Gil Sharone (well, he was in Dillinger), Blake Richardson, and Brann Dailor. Jay Postones from Tesseract is very good. As far as blast beats go, Dave Haley and KC Howard are definitely up there as well, Hannes Grossmann and John Merryman too.

Oh, Mike Smith and Flo Mounier also.
Last edited by Steve08 at Aug 5, 2011,
Gar Samuelson is definitely one of my favorites. His drumming on the first two Megadeth albums is amazing.

I'm also a big fan of Tim "Herb" Alexander, even if I think his drum set is way too big haha (seriously, who needs 3 hi-hats?)

Oh and Danny Heifetz (although I'm not really sure you can classify Mr. Bungle as metal haha). Probably one of the most versatile drummers I know. He can transition between many drastically different styles very fluidly within the same song, and can keep up with Mr. Bungle's constant tempo, time signature, and genre changes.
Im not sure if TOOL counts as a metal band but..

DANEY CARREY is best drummer i've ever heard!!
Brann Dailor, Chris Adler is a close second
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
favourite metal drummer... I gotta say, personally, it's Chris Adler. He's not the most techincal, gifted and or amazing metal drummer, but when I watch him live and hear him talk about drumming I always get the feeling he truly loves just sitting behind a kit and playing. And I'm sure Haake and other drummers do too, but I don't get that same feeling from them.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
If I can only pick one Dave Lombardo because of how insane his timing is.
Quote by angusfan16
I've quit this forum a few times.
Quote by drummer420
If I can only pick one Dave Lombardo because of how insane his timing is.

yeah, his fills are insane. that guy can keep 1/16th double bass beats going while standing and waving to the crowd in perfect timing.
I think Nicko McBrain is an awesome drummer. Dave Lombardo also one of my favourites. He's insane
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Spencer Prewett (Archspire)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMebFbJ2D_E

John Longstreth (Origin)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyGk9oBCKiU

James King (ex-Origin)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS3EXHeAhoI

Vitek RIP (Decapited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cgt32Z3hvs

Thomas Haake as mentioned by those above, and Chris Adler has (Lamb of God) got some groovy beats too.
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Last edited by cptazad at Aug 6, 2011,
Dave Lombardo is one of my all-time favourites. He might not be the best in the technical department, but his drumming always completes songs in a way that technically better drummers could often not hope to achieve. Just listen to Testament's D.N.R. or Slayer's own World Painted Blood.
If I'm high, does that make me a Flying Dutchman?

Legal weed, windmills, clogs, and speed cameras. Welcome to the Netherlands!
Gene Hoglan, Tomas Haake, Dave Lombardo, Chris Adler, George Kolias..

Thats just a couple.
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
My favorite are Joey Jordison, George Kollias, Chris Adler, Jordan Mancino, and of course Dave Lambardo
Am I the only one who is impressed by John Boecklin? He floors me all the time, but i've never seen him on a list of anything.
Matt Greiner from August Burns Red
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by Riot Act
Am I the only one who is impressed by John Boecklin? He floors me all the time, but i've never seen him on a list of anything.

Is he from DevilDriver? If so, that dude's the shit. I love his style. Nothing out of place, never over-does it, but its always incredibly impressive. In terms of drumming as it compliments songwriting, I think he's one of the best there is.
John Longstreth from origin and angelcorpse is definitely up there for me, as well as Flo Mounier and Ben Koller
The Rev of Avenged Sevenfold or Alex Lopez of Suicide Silence

The Rev had a way of making the music heavy as hell, while still making it fun to play and mixing it up a lot with also tasteful fills, rather than the straight single stroke roll around the kit. Very creative man. R.I.P.

Alex Lopez has killer grooves, and his bass drum work is phenomenal (as must be with most metal drummers). I'm not sure if i've heard anyone totally annihilate a drum kit like him.
Well Flo Mounier of course!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."