Alright; So I'm in my bedroom just playing guitar, and I come up with this weird little riff. Tuning is drop d, then down a half step (C# G# C# F# A# D#) and it goes something like this:

C# ---0----0-3-2-0----0-5-3-0----0-3-2-0-5-3-0-3-2-0

G# -------------------------------------------------------5ph (pinch harmonic)
C# ---0-3-2-0----0-5-3-0----0-3-2-0-5-3-0

Okay riff? Terrific? Horrible? What about trying to work this into an original song?
I like prog
i have no dea of the tempo or rhythm you were playing this riff, so i cant give you any opinion. If you like it - keep and evolve it.

OFF: not to turn this into nevermore thread, but come on! Why did you picked a line from such a ridiculous song! (no offense)
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
It's not that bad of a song. Maybe not one of their best, but I think its still pretty good.

Maybe it would just be easier to make a video or something, regarding the riff. It is close to the speed at which dimebag plays the main riff on Walk.
I like prog
Last edited by I AM DEREK at Aug 4, 2011,
Quote by I AM DEREK
Alright; So I'm in my bedroom just playing guitar, and I come up with this weird little riff. Tuning is drop d, then down a half step (C# G# C# F# A# D#) and it goes something like this:

C# ---0----0-3-2-0----0-5-3-0----0-3-2-0-5-3-0-3-2-0

G# -------------------------------------------------------5ph (pinch harmonic)
C# ---0-3-2-0----0-5-3-0----0-3-2-0-5-3-0

Okay riff? Terrific? Horrible? What about trying to work this into an original song?

You should ask yourself those same questions because at this point, your opinion is the only one that matters......since you're the one that'll be writing the song.

If you choose to work it into an original song, you can fish for compliments when it's finished. You shouldn't feel the need to seek approval from others during the creative process.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Aug 4, 2011,
If you choose to work it into an original song, you can fish for compliments when it's finished. You shouldn't feel the need to seek approval from others during the creative process.

If you constantly do this, you aren't an artist, you're.... something else? Unless of course you're writing with you're band, in which case the song is a collective creation.

Tuning is drop d, then down a half step (C# G# C# F# A# D#)

Drop C#/ drop Db

Try writing a song, or at least more than just a few notes, record it, and get back to us and I'm sure we'd be happy to critique.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
Quote by GuitarMunky
You should ask yourself those same questions because at this point, your opinion is the only one that matters......since you're the one that'll be writing the song.

Good point. I guess that was a post made too soon. Be back in a couple of months!
I like prog
Months!?!? lolwut?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Quote by iancmtaylor
Months!?!? lolwut?

Well, this is my first time doing this. I took me a while just to do that, so who knows how long the rest of this could take?
I like prog
Well, how much music theory do you know?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Quote by iancmtaylor
Well, how much music theory do you know?

Some. I'll be taking a full year course on music theory once school starts back up in a few weeks
I like prog