Do any of you actually take the time to learn every single note ( or as close as possible) to what Hendrix played in his songs? Personally I just pick up the main groove, chord progression and then pick out any particular phrases that stand out. I pretty much only do it with Hendrix and I find his style of playing is so expressive that it sounds better if you put your own feel into it. Do you guys agree?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I prefer doing that with any music - remember the albums that an artist releases are only how they played something once. When you see them in concert, the chances are they'll play it a bit differently to express how they feel at that moment, so there's no reason why you shouldn't put your own expression into it when you're playing.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I do that a lot too but tbh half the time it's because I'm too lazy to learn it note for note. Sometimes if I'm looking for a challenge I will learn note for note though since usually if I do it my way I arrange it so it's slightly easier for me to play.
I never learn every single note for any song that I learn.
I love to add my own influence to the songs, whilst keeping the most memorable phrases as they are. ^^
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt