So like a week ago something weird happened to my amp: I lost all distortion. It's a Vox50 amp, with modeling technique and a lot of settings stuff (I'm kinda new to it, only bought it a month ago or so), but no matter how I twist and turn it I only get a clean sound. Anyway, I played it for a while but had to leave, so I didn't have time to look into the issue. When I came back a few days later, it suddenly worked again.

Now, however, the same thing happened again. Before you ask, I do not simply have the distortion setting to zero. I've done a factory reset, and it's not about settings. I just wanted to make this thread and ask you if there is anything I could have missed. I would have just sent it in for repair (or rather drove it in, it's effin huge), but the way it went back and forth confuses me. Could it be a user error? What's the most likely cause of the problem.

I've tried different cables and guitars, so that's not it.
If it still has warranty take it back because opening it up to fix it could void your warranty. If its too confusing, get a gps! haha I'd say the amp you have is probably the Valvetronix series.
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.
i have the same amp and since you have only had it for a month or so i think i might know the problem, you more than likely havent read the instruction manual(Who does?). with this amp the gain setting alone doesnt help to much with distortion you have to use the very first knob on the left (it has different amp names) turn it all the way to the right and make sure the light above that knob is green (if it isnt push in that button till it is) then make sure volume is up (master, volume, and the watt setting on the back of the amp) then jam away! If this doesnt work then you need to send it back to Vox. I hope you have a warranty because its a tube modeling amp it may be expensive to repair without one. Hope this helps!

Santhus 1114
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
If it still has warranty take it back because opening it up to fix it could void your warranty. If its too confusing, get a gps! haha I'd say the amp you have is probably the Valvetronix series.

Yeah, it is, forgot to mention.

Problem is I have no warranty, so if there's anything I can do I'd rather try it first. But I guess it's doubtful.
A possibility is that the one 12AX7 tube in the amp might be going
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.