Page 1 of 2
There's probably a thread for this somewhere but just incase it's died (or there isn't a thread already) I thought I'd make one.

Any one got a good scene going in their area? In a HC band? Vegan or Straightedge bands?
Really? That sucks because we've a decent bit of music coming out at the minute from here.

Check these out: Heart In Hand

Really good Melodic Hardcore band coming up in the scene at the minute.
Last edited by DreadEnds at Aug 4, 2011,
Vegan and straight edge? *scoff*

I should write some vegan straight edge songs.

I DONT EAT ANIMALS WHICH HAVE DONE DRUGS
Quote by technicolour
I don't even know if any active users here are from the UK...

Well Danny and I for starters.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Quote by nargoth

What's wrong with being Vegan and Straight Edge?
Quote by DreadEnds
What's wrong with being Vegan and Straight Edge?

Boring =P I'm aiming to get killed before I get senile, and have my life consisting of watching daytime tv, and shuffling around asda with my wife arguing about how many pennies we could save by buying another brand of cream soda.

Least you ain't underage straight edge, so I respect that.
Quote by nargoth
Boring =P I'm aiming to get killed before I get senile, and have my life consisting of watching daytime tv, and shuffling around asda with my wife arguing about how many pennies we could save by buying another brand of cream soda.

Least you ain't underage straight edge, so I respect that.

I wouldn't say it's boring but I can see why others might see it that way haha.

Yeah I hate when you get ****in 14 year olds claiming edge when they've never even had the option to drink yet.
Quote by DreadEnds
I wouldn't say it's boring but I can see why others might see it that way haha.

Yeah I hate when you get ****in 14 year olds claiming edge when they've never even had the option to drink yet.

I see it as they are too afraid to do anything and want a label to make themselves look "cool" and give them a reason not to. They then grow out of it and have their shitty WKDs.
Quote by nargoth
I see it as they are too afraid to do anything and want a label to make themselves look "cool" and give them a reason not to. They then grow out of it and have their shitty WKDs.

Yeah man that's exactly what I think. I mean there's a lot of older guys who won't even label themselves as "Edge" anymore because of these kids making the scene look bad by coming in and generally overreacting and exaggerating the label by starting fights or badmouthing people who drink and make us all look like intolerant assholes.
light bearer is the only UK hardcore I need, oh and Alpinist....wait...

edit: yeah, vegans actually make some of the most violent/angry hardcore.
Quote by Zero Substance
i'm vegan, not edge.

I'd rather someone was Vegan than Edge if they had to chose one or the other. You name suggests you might be Edge. If you hadn't told me I'd have thought you were.
Quote by technicolour
I don't even know if any active users here are from the UK...

I'm offended.
Quote by DreadEnds
Really? That sucks because we've a decent bit of music coming out at the minute from here.

Check these out: Heart In Hand

Really good Melodic Hardcore band coming up in the scene at the minute.

This post made your thread redundant.
Quote by nargoth

Don't be an idiot.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I know of a few UK members, particularly Danny. However, representing UKHC with Heart in Hand is disgusting when we have bands like Hang The Bastard, Crossbreaker (old crossbreaker not the new stuff), Wardogs, No Reality, BWP, Breaking Point, Deal With It, basically the entire CCHC scene (Yes, Cardiff has a ton of great bands) and all the other cool bands scattered around the country.
Quote by NegiTom
I know of a few UK members, particularly Danny. However, representing UKHC with Heart in Hand is disgusting when we have bands like Hang The Bastard, Crossbreaker (old crossbreaker not the new stuff), Wardogs, No Reality, BWP, Breaking Point, Deal With It, basically the entire CCHC scene (Yes, Cardiff has a ton of great bands) and all the other cool bands scattered around the country.

Don't recall representing anybody with anything. I just posted the link to the newest music video to be released by a UK HC band. Not that I have to explain anything I can post what I want but regardless.
But Heart in Hand aren't a UK hardcore band. They do not play hardcore punk.
No, they most certainly are not melodic hardcore. You just don't know what melodic hardcore is.

Melodic hardcore bands you should check out: Have Heart, More Than Life, The Carrier, Modern Life Is War.

Heart in Hand are a modern melodic metalcore (nu-metalcore if you will) band. They're also scene kid fodder, and they're also pretty fucking awful as people and musicians.

Bands who do what HIH do but better: It Prevails, Crossbearer, Shai Hulud (to an extent).

Don't start throwing insults around if you don't know what you're talking about.
You just lost an internet friend, sir. And ruined any potential of a good thread with your ignorant nonsense. Heart In Hand are a metalcore band.
Quote by asator
No, they most certainly are not melodic hardcore. You just don't know what melodic hardcore is.

Melodic hardcore bands you should check out: Have Heart, More Than Life, The Carrier, Modern Life Is War.

Heart in Hand are a modern melodic metalcore (nu-metalcore if you will) band. They're also scene kid fodder, and they're also pretty fucking awful as people and musicians.

Bands who do what HIH do but better: It Prevails, Crossbearer, Shai Hulud (to an extent).

Don't start throwing insults around if you don't know what you're talking about.

Funny that I listen to all those bands you listed so if I don't know what I'm talking about then neither do you.
Quote by asator

Oh and awful musicians? You clearly haven't heard their album.
There is an edit button you know. Also Danny knows more about hardcore than you do and knows what he is talking about.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Quote by guitar_rules311
There is an edit button you know. Also Danny knows more about hardcore than you do and knows what he is talking about.

Yes. Of course he does. Do me a favour, kid, grow up.
If growing up means I have to call nu metalcore bands melodic hardcore then I'll pass.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

No growing up means not making up pathetic subgenres like Nu-Metalcore and not stating completely stupid statements like "Danny knows more about Hardcore than you" like it's a fact when you don't know **** all about me.
Quote by DreadEnds
Funny that I listen to all those bands you listed so if I don't know what I'm talking about then neither do you.

If you listen to all those bands and think that Heart in Hand sound more like the former than the latter then...you're an idiot, sorry.

And they're all technically proficient musicians, I just mean that they write some of the most uninspired, dull music I've ever heard.
Quote by DreadEnds
No growing up means not making up pathetic subgenres like Nu-Metalcore and not stating completely stupid statements like "Danny knows more about Hardcore than you" like it's a fact when you don't know **** all about me.

I clearly do know more about it than you though, since you seem to be pretty ignorant on the subject. And I know that you're in a deathcore band, sooooooooooo...

EDIT: I wasn't even being a dick to start with, I just made reasonable statements like "Heart in Hand do not play hardcore punk", then you started throwing insults around. I think that says a lot about you.
Last edited by asator at Aug 5, 2011,
First off, we don't use nu-metalcore as a serious subgenre. It's just a way of desribing the new style of metalcore bands (The Ghost Inside, Counterparts) from other metalcore bands (Converge, Shai Hulud).

As for me not knowing **** all about you, you implied that Danny was a moron and didn't know about hardcore. You don't know **** all about Danny so that's a little hypocritical.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

It's really weird seeing people use my name this much
Quote by DreadEnds
Yes. Of course he does. Do me a favour, kid, grow up.

FFS we're resorting that childish insult?
Ok let's put it this way:

Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach were all Nu-Metal bands back when Nu-Metal was really big back in the late 90's early 00's right? They all had a similar sound, yes? So why did Slipknot who's sound was a lot more harsh and heavier than those 3 get called Nu-Metal for their first album with the full 9 lineup? It's because although it had differences they shared a lot of the same qualities and distinctions with those 3. Therefore HIH having a slightly different sound than, say, Have Heart doesn't completely detach them from the same genre.

You didn't say they make dull music initially though you said they were "Awful Musicians" which you later contradicted when you said they were "proficient musicians"...

What does me being in a Deathcore band have to do with anything? :S
Last edited by DreadEnds at Aug 5, 2011,
Page 1 of 2