Ok I've been having some issues with guitar rig 4. I have a behringer xenyx 12-channel mixer plugged in via USB into my laptop. My guitar plugged into my first channel. All the settings on my mixer are set where I need them. I have my headphones (earbuds) connected to the mixer w/ a quarter inch adapter. As I strum the guitar I can hear it through the headphones (clean) and it shows up on guitar rig thats its being picked up. But yet im not getting the effect. I'm using it as a standalone not as a plug in. My audio settings are set to my mixer and asio (I tried all the others like my soundcard but the sound wouldnt go through guitar rig if I used any other device/driver. I looked online and there can be a multitude of issues, so idk what it can be. PLEASE HELP!!!

-Garian Perry (80'smetaladdict)

(Only SERIOUS answers please)
Main Rig:

1. Customized "Silver Bullet" Gibson SG
2. Marshall MG Halfstack
3. SXB Pedalboard
4. MXR EQ Pedal
5. Boss V-Wah Pedal

Music Is You.
Music Is Me.
Music Is All Around Us.
Music Allows Us To Be Free.
You're receiving the ouput from the mixer only, not the processed signal that going into the computer and out.

So basically your just going guitar > mixer > headphones and bypassing the computer part.

You need to find out if your mixer can act as a proper interface or sound card. You might have to route your setting for your output to come out of your computer, or they might be alright. Try plugging your headphones into your computer.
@bill

I dont have any editing software yet. I'm just using this as like an effects processor. (if thats wrong then let me know im kind of a noob at this stuff lol.
Main Rig:

2. Marshall MG Halfstack
3. SXB Pedalboard
4. MXR EQ Pedal
5. Boss V-Wah Pedal

Music Is You.
Music Is Me.
Music Is All Around Us.
Quote by Ignite
You're receiving the ouput from the mixer only, not the processed signal that going into the computer and out.

So basically your just going guitar > mixer > headphones and bypassing the computer part.

You need to find out if your mixer can act as a proper interface or sound card. You might have to route your setting for your output to come out of your computer, or they might be alright. Try plugging your headphones into your computer.

I tried plugging the headphones in the computer that didnt work. However what you stated before that may be the answer. How do I do that?
Main Rig:

2. Marshall MG Halfstack
3. SXB Pedalboard
4. MXR EQ Pedal
5. Boss V-Wah Pedal

Music Is You.
Music Is Me.
Music Is All Around Us.
Quote by 80'smetaladdict
@bill

I dont have any editing software yet. I'm just using this as like an effects processor. (if thats wrong then let me know im kind of a noob at this stuff lol.

Go grab some freeware recording software now.

From what I've read here, seems like Reaper (never ending trial) and Audacity are the recording freeware of choice.
Quote by Bill43
Go grab some freeware recording software now.

From what I've read here, seems like Reaper (never ending trial) and Audacity are the recording freeware of choice.

ill be sure to do that. Ill grab reaper. do you know how to make guitar rig a plugin on reaper?
Main Rig:

2. Marshall MG Halfstack
3. SXB Pedalboard
4. MXR EQ Pedal
5. Boss V-Wah Pedal

Music Is You.
Music Is Me.
Music Is All Around Us.
god damn it. ok got reaper 4.01. I have my behringer plugged into my laptop via usb. my input and outputs settings or set correctly. but im still not getting and sound from playback or any effect sound from guitar rig by itself. I have it as a plug in on reaper. slapped the effect onto my track and no luck. I'm not getting any playback. help?
Main Rig:

2. Marshall MG Halfstack
3. SXB Pedalboard
4. MXR EQ Pedal
5. Boss V-Wah Pedal

Music Is You.
Music Is Me.
Music Is All Around Us.
no how do you do that?
Main Rig:

2. Marshall MG Halfstack
3. SXB Pedalboard
4. MXR EQ Pedal
5. Boss V-Wah Pedal

Music Is You.
Music Is Me.
Music Is All Around Us.
Well first make sure that the sounds coming out of your computer are actually going back through your mixer thing, and coming out of your headphones by playing a song or other sounds on your computer.

For arming a track, the very first button to the left on the track that says "ar" is to arm it for recording. You need to do this in order to monitor the track. The monitor button is just below it, a little to the right. It's the button with a speaker on it.

After that you should be hearing SOMETHING at least, haha.
Just so we're all on the same page... I checked his behringer and here's the meat of the matter

His behringer has "Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins and ultra-low latency driver downloadable at www.behringer.com"... Cut and pasted directly from behringer