any other suggestions

i am looking for a sharp attacky like tone with good low end

thanks in advance
Quote by DimebagZappa
Bare Knuckle Aftermath.

Someone close this thread.

ill take a look at it
still open to more suggestions though. thanks
What is your amp, what tones in particular are you trying to sound like?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
What is your amp, what tones in particular are you trying to sound like?

its line 6 75 watt but i guess i would want to get this sound of a peavey head of some sort. i am looking for that mean sharp sounding pup that thats real articulate and has good bottom end and thats no to expensive. most of the pups i listed have that but i cant really decide. i guess over an older bodom tone
Get a new amp first. Pickups are the very last thing you want to upgrade - they make the least amount of difference to your tone. I'd start researching amps that will give you the tone you want, and then just save up for it. If at that point you're still unsatisfied, or just missing that little extra tweak, that's when pickups come into play.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Someone has already mentioned Bareknuckle to you, so there is no need to repeat that, but I will say this:

Bareknuckles have been trumping literally every other pickup brand across all styles since they came out. Reviewers love them, players love them, and they're getting attention from big name players (apparantly)

I've tried a guitar with them in (was a modded Gibson LP) and all I can say is this:

There is literally no point looking at anything else. Seriously. If there was ever a brand to make SD look amateur, Bareknuckle is it.

However, there is a price premium that goes with bareknuckle, so keep it in mind, they will set you back about £189 for a calibrated set (if you live in the UK)

(hey bareknuckle, I've been kissing your ass all week, can I have some free stuff now?)
Quote by SMTHSCN
Someone has already mentioned Bareknuckle to you, so there is no need to repeat that, but I will say this:

Bareknuckles have been trumping literally every other pickup brand across all styles since they came out. Reviewers love them, players love them, and they're getting attention from big name players (apparantly)

I've tried a guitar with them in (was a modded Gibson LP) and all I can say is this:

There is literally no point looking at anything else. Seriously. If there was ever a brand to make SD look amateur, Bareknuckle is it.

However, there is a price premium that goes with bareknuckle, so keep it in mind, they will set you back about £189 for a calibrated set (if you live in the UK)

(hey bareknuckle, I've been kissing your ass all week, can I have some free stuff now?)

i know, but i dont have enough money to by one of those otherwise i would
the emg alx is going to require you to drill into your guitar. it has a push bull boost pot. its tight and sounds pretty good. i have emg 81/89 in my guitar and love them.

however, you really need to make sure that you WANT active pickups. (if your guitar isn't already made to accept them there will need to be some body work done on ur guitar). but not everyone likes actives. I'm a huge fan but when it comes to versatility... not so great. the alexi emg is passive but still won't be super versatile. its made to go from hot to hotter and not really clean up.

i would suggest you get out and play some actives to really see if you like them. in the way of passives, I'm partial to dimarzio. i think nothing quite rivals their tone.

but also as mentioned above, pups are only about 25% of your tone if not less. the amp is going to make the biggest difference. the modelers r good if your just starting out or just messing around but they are trying to do too many things to be very good at anything. so i would say invest in an amp first and worry about pups later.

but all in all, i'd say go with the emg's. that will give u the nice low chug that your looking for
play it safe, get SD's and don't go with active, you'l need to mod the guitar, which will cost a bundle, and you may as well just get a new guitar (depending on what you have) to justify that sorta cost.

I really would say if it were me, i would wait longer and get the bareknuckles
Quote by SMTHSCN
play it safe, get SD's and don't go with active, you'l need to mod the guitar, which will cost a bundle, and you may as well just get a new guitar (depending on what you have) to justify that sorta cost.

I really would say if it were me, i would wait longer and get the bareknuckles

That's debatable. It's not hard to buy a 9v battery clip from radio shack for $1 and put it in the control cavity, assuming there's room. That's what I did when did the 18v mod on my old Hellraiser. It was easy and wasn't as cramped as I thought.
Out of the ones you mentioned, the SH-6. But I suggest a bareknuckle nailbomb
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Looks like TS needs a new amp.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Just look into Bare Knuckle Pickups. You cant go wrong with those.

^ you can pick the emg alx like the suggestion above as its actually quite good. The boost is quite useful and can easily go from a 80s-ish sound to full on gain with a click
thanks for the suggestions guys. i went ahead and went with the emg alx. it is true i do need a new amp and ill be working on that.