If you played a m3 and a m5 power chord would it be a minor or a major cause the is no root note?
By m3 and m5, do you mean minor 3 and minor 5?

Remember, a power chord is the root and 5th interval. Therefore, it's neither minor or major. A diminished chord requires a minor 3rd and a flat 5th.
There is a root note in every chord. The first half of the question needs badly reworded to make any sense.
a Minor third to a Diminished 5th interval is just another Minor third. So it'd be seen as a minor 3rd interval
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by Nottachance
If you played a m3 and a m5 power chord would it be a minor or a major cause the is no root note?

The fact that you are calling it an m3 and m5 means that yes, there is a root, and they would be minor.

However, as has been said, a power chord is a root and the fifth and is neither major nor minor.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
If you were using m3 to mean having a minor third interval and m5 to mean minor 5th interval, then
1. A m3 interval means a minor chord.
2. There is no such thing as a minor fifth. If you knew that and meant diminished 5th, then the proper way to say that would be 5-.
3. Having either of those intervals would make it not a powerchord.
hey guys sorry wasn't thinking for a second. That was a stupid question, and yes there are stupid questions.
Quote by Nottachance
hey guys sorry wasn't thinking for a second. That was a stupid question, and yes there are stupid questions.

The only stupid question is one that isn't learned from.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
Quote by Nottachance

Did you actually learn what you were trying to learn here? Questions aren't stupid. You gotta start somewhere. Keep asking if you're not sure you got what you're looking for here.
Did you originally mean something to do with a b5 (Diminished Chord)?

and a b3 (minor chord)?

If so, your question still makes no sense....

But on a lighter note, you learned that so long as you learn SOMETHING from a question, there is no stupid question.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.