so ive been trained in music theory and composition and all that good stuff and i have so many songs written with a whole array of chords in them but everytime i go to sing one, i ALWAYS end up singing the same melody no matter if the chords are Ab or D. In short, all the songs sound to same to ME even though they are in different scales and etc but my voice always wants to sing the same melody. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to overcome this dilemma? Thanks
Well you could simply write a vocal melody, or even simpler- sing to the melody of the song...
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
Quote by iancmtaylor
Well you could simply write a vocal melody, or even simpler- sing to the melody of the song...

See thats where im havin a problem, ill hear a melody in my head but when i go to sing it with chords i sing something different and my voice goes back to the same melody
Sounds like a problem with singing/playing coordination.

Well, what is the melody you want to sing? I'm guessing it's particular intervals...maybe use some aggressive chords that it won't work well over?
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
Plan the melody first, then harmonize. If your problem is a chord progression that you keep singing the same melody to, then try to work in reverse, mix up your creative process a bit, and see if that brings any new ideas.

Also, once you have your melody, either notate it or record it, so you don't change it once you ad the harmony.