Page 1 of 3
I'm thinking of trading up and getting a high end schecter. i like the ones i've played but what are the cons, bad features, skeletons in the closet. how's quality compare to similar priced guitars. i find criticism is a good way to get to know a guitar. I'll be researching myself but some people are just haters and that doesnt help me. reasons and comparisons is what i would like... anyway thanks.
Don"t Be A Bitch.
Which "high end" one have you got in mind?

The proper high end ones cost more than Custom Shop ESPs and are by all accounts flawless.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I consider high end to be about £1000 give or take.

If this is how you define high end...well...Schecter have almost no bad points on their high end guitars.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Thats still like their lower/mid range stuff. In UK they are wildly over priced to the point where if your buying a Hell Raiser for £9000 your a bloody fool.

The MIJ Schecters are the only proper "high end" guitars.

That one is £3.3k.

This one is £4.5k

Thats high end.

This isnt.

(Invalid img)

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
ok ya that's high end, lol. i guess i should of been clearer. i'm thinking more about $1000 maybe $1500 but then find a used one cheaper...

I don't have a particular one in mind... i do like the push pots tho...
Don"t Be A Bitch.
1000-1500 and willing to go 2nd hand?

**** Schecter, look for a 2nd hand ESP.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
1000-1500 and willing to go 2nd hand?

**** Schecter, look for a 2nd hand ESP.

^This.

I love my Schecter, but a Japanese made ESP will shite all over any Schecter in the same price range.
ya used is the way to go imo. you pay out the a** just to say its new. although i do understand the prestige... the problem is that non of the guitar store here in good ol Montana have high end esp's, i don't think anyway. even if i get one online i rather play one first
Don"t Be A Bitch.
So? I would happily bet my left nut that tonally and feel/quality wise a real ESP would blow it away in every possible way.

Go play a new one with the Thin U neck, they are high quality across the board so any other ESP with that profile and bridge will be pretty much identical.

Thats the beauty of the MIJ higher end guitars, they are so damn consistent that one will be very much like another (some people bash them for this, which is daft considering its the same people who slate the completely hand made Gibson for being inconsistent) to the point where I would happily buy an ESP or Ibanez Prestige blind.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
+1 to everything Tom is saying. Schecter don't even have any high end guitars in their American market.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I love Schecters, but anyone who thinks a non MIJ Schecter is better then a MIJ ESP is on crack
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
*waits for a moronic Agile fanboi*

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
*waits for a moronic Agile fanboi*

What you really need is a new amp
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
I recommend an Ibanez Prestige, probably used. Schecter is ok, but overpriced in the UK(so I hear).
Quote by Somekid94
Fine I'll do it...

Try this 1!!! Eetz fooking amazing as shite!!!

http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorpro625ebtred.html

When I read this, I somehow picture it being yelled in an Irish accent
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Last edited by DamagingExcess at Aug 4, 2011,
Quote by SchecterDean
Schecters are my favorite. Get a tempest custom, they are the best and very versitile.

+ /0

TS - listen to tom.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by southpaw_tdg
http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-ESP-Edwards-Forest-E-FR-145GT-QM-Floyd-Rose-/150635382022?pt=Guitar&hash=item2312918506#ht_40855wt_1187

has anyone heard of this? i'm not sure if its retarded or sexy.. let alone worth a crap

Needs more points
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
That's a damn good price for that guitar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by DamagingExcess
What you really need is a new amp

+1. All anyone needs is a Squire with upgraded GFS pickups and it will sound great in an apartment bedroom through a 6505 combo.
serious or not, that's ****ing funny jp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I've played an MIJ Schecter. It was pretty good but all they had at the shop was an SS amp so I couldn't really tell.

OT, get a used Ibby prestige or ESP.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

There's nothing wrong with Schecter.
You won't get that much abalone for the price on any other guitar.
Quote by JesusCrisp
There's nothing wrong with Schecter.
You won't get that much abalone for the price on any other guitar.

yep, there's nothing wrong with schecter, they are just overrated because a lot of fanboys think moar abalone = moar qualitiez!!
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Well, a used Schecter in the states is one of the best bargains you'll find for a guitar on a budget, same with an Ibanez Prestige. I had a Hellraiser in pristine condition with a brass block mod, and the 18v mod that I sold on eBay for a little over $500 with a hard-shell case, and I was pretty worried that I wouldn't even get that much. When you think about it, a guitar of that quality with active EMGs and an OFR for $500 in mint condition is an awesome deal.

But then again, you can find a 90s Japanese Ibby with an Edge and pickup upgrade for $500, so it's still not the best deal around. But JesusCrisp is right, you get more abalone with Schecter, so idk...
I love my C-1 Classic. I'd say it's very much equal in build and material quality as my EC-1000
how come no one on this site ever talks about parkers. they are some of the best guitars made.
Quote by jsspang
how come no one on this site ever talks about parkers. they are some of the best guitars made.

Yeps!
this thread delivers
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Blompcube
yep, there's nothing wrong with schecter, they are just overrated because a lot of fanboys think moar abalone = moar qualitiez!!

LTD:

Schecter:

Which guitar clearly has more abalone...?
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

Doesn't matter, both obviously need significantly more...
Quote by JesusCrisp
Doesn't matter, both obviously need significantly more...

soo....

Kinda like this?

But even more ?
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

in that instance the LTD, but i've seen schecters with far more abalone than that. if only i knew what model it was my friend has...

when i say "schecter fanboy" i don't mean anyone who happens to play a schecter. i want to make that clear
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
in that instance the LTD, but i've seen schecters with far more abalone than that. if only i knew what model it was my friend has...

when i say "schecter fanboy" i don't mean anyone who happens to play a schecter. i want to make that clear

The only model I can think of that would be perceived to have more abalone would be like the C-1 Classic, but I don't think the inlay is even made of abalone.

Still, those LTD's have abalone EVERYWHERE. The whole damn fretboard might as well be coated in abalone, you can hardly see the wood anyway.

PS, I'm multitasking, and I googled "Schecter abalone" and I found... well... this...

Do I win some award now?
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Aug 5, 2011,
There was a guitar called the schecter abyss or whatever and it had an abalone top.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by southpaw_tdg
http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-ESP-Edwards-Forest-E-FR-145GT-QM-Floyd-Rose-/150635382022?pt=Guitar&hash=item2312918506#ht_40855wt_1187

has anyone heard of this? i'm not sure if its retarded or sexy.. let alone worth a crap

It is sexy and worth twice the crap that a Schecter in that price range would be worth.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Page 1 of 3