Scmiffty5,
The song itself was very good! I'd say 98% of the vocals were very good (maybe a couple of spots were just slightly pitchy). Most all of the playing was good, though a few times the timing seemed to get a bit loose. I liked all of the melodies & liked that it was more than just acoustic guitar & vocals. At first I thought there was gonna be a harmonica solo, but then it seemed to become more of a background rhythm thing. Overall, I thought it was good! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1465574
thanks for the crit
i like your voice
vocals miss a few notes, but nothing major
chord progression is cool
when the drums come in I was like 0_0 awesome
love the backup vocals
harmonica is a nice touch
everything gets kind of distorted in the end with all the instruments coming back in

this song is really great though, i love it. i'd put it on my ipod if i could.
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!
I really like your voice. As said, you missed a few notes, but it didn't hurt the recording in any special way though.
The chord progression is pretty catchy, and when the drums entered, it sounded really great.
The lyrics are very fitting. Harmonica gives the song character. It gets slightly distorted at the end, but not too bad.

Good job!

Also I remember listening to your song "Lilith" a while back. It's funny how this and the Lilith recording are exactly the same length..

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460889
that song also transitions flawlessly into Lilith. figured it was worth mentioning.
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!
Your voice is just a tad flat in some places...

When the drums come in, its like they're from outer space but not in a good way. You panned the bass-drum hard right? Keep most of the drums centered, snare offset like, +/- 2 from center and hi-hat the same in the opposite direction if at all, otherwise... It gets really awkward.

As a song, its actually pretty good... But it could be tons better. I wouldn't say its bad, I'd just say that by some limitation in either equipment or mixing knowledge its... Less than what's actually there, if that makes any sense.

Care to take a listen to mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467883
Thanks everybody for the feedback! With regards to the vocals, I knew that the vocals where a smidge off in places, but I had to play the guitar and sing at the same time to save one of the four tracks I could use, so I blame technology/ I'm not good at singing .

And L2112Lif, it's definately a little bit of both. I have very limited mixing knowledge, and only one ho-hum microphone with four tracks to work with, so to record the drums in the way you described is beyond me both technoligically and intelectually lol.
-------

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show
Quote by SchmifftyFive
Thanks everybody for the feedback! With regards to the vocals, I knew that the vocals where a smidge off in places, but I had to play the guitar and sing at the same time to save one of the four tracks I could use, so I blame technology/ I'm not good at singing .

And L2112Lif, it's definately a little bit of both. I have very limited mixing knowledge, and only one ho-hum microphone with four tracks to work with, so to record the drums in the way you described is beyond me both technoligically and intelectually lol.

Haha, that might be it. When in doubt, just make sure that the important parts of the set sound centered.