I just got the guitar literally a week ago. It seemed to hold a tune for the most part when i first got it. It seemed like i was constantly fine tuning it back up to pitch though. Now i retuned it for real and now if i even think about looking at the bar it goes out of tune. if i pull up, it goes sharp. If i dive it goes flat. Help me please before i go ****ing nuts.
Schecter Damien Elite Avenger FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Schecter Damien Elite
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Stratocaster Fretless
Samick Dreadnaught Acoustic (Unknown Model)
Various Marshall Amplifiers
Boss SD-1
Boss CS-3
Did you just change your strings?

And is your bridge setup correctly?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
is it an OFR?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Its a floyd rose special. I didnt just change the strings no. By correctly i am pretty certain. Its parallel to the body. Perhaps something could be going wrong because its staying suspiciously in a good position even with this tuning and stuff.
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Schecter Damien Elite
Epiphone Les Paul
Boss SD-1
Boss CS-3
Did you buy the guitar new? Online or instore?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Yes brand new. It was a special order.
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Schecter Damien Elite
Epiphone Les Paul
Boss SD-1
Boss CS-3
Thought so.

A lot of people have had similar issues, myself included. The FR Special needs to be "broken" in before it starts functioning properly. Just keep using it, and eventually it'll stop acting up.

Just don't overdo it, you don't want to wear out the trem prematurely.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thats interesting. What exactly causes that? How long would you say it takes and what kind of actions would be considered "Overdoing it"?
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Schecter Damien Elite
Epiphone Les Paul
Boss SD-1
Boss CS-3
It's stiff at first, and so it usually won't return to zero. Just gently using it will help it break in. I don't know how long it takes - shouldn't be more than a couple weeks though, probably less than that. Overdoing it would be like using it really quickly, making black metal sounds, haha etc.

Putting chap stick on the knife edges can also really help, it'll make it nice and lubricated so it'll want to return to zero more.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
did you lock the locking nuts enough? try tightening them just a tad more that worked for me. also new floyd's tend to go out of tune quite a bit faster then ones that are already played for a while because it's just brand new and everything brand new has to get up and running right?
Alright i hate the floyd rose special. It wont stay in tune for shit. I just tuned everything up real nice and the second i touch the bar everything goes to shit. one string is flat, one is sharp. all kinds of shit. im sick of this thing.
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Schecter Damien Elite
Epiphone Les Paul
Boss SD-1
Boss CS-3
Im going to replace this one with an OFR but until then im going to just keep the bar out to avoid temptation.
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Schecter Damien Elite
Epiphone Les Paul
Boss SD-1
Boss CS-3
Quote by JStraitiff
Im going to replace this one with an OFR but until then im going to just keep the bar out to avoid temptation.

Honestly man, you ought to try finding some better quality guitars period. I'm really not trying to be a dick or a hater, but I used to buy whatever was decent and looked bad-ass, but once I got my hands on my Ibanez Prestige, I never wanted to touch a Korean or Chinese guitar again. Higher quality Japanese guitars can be had so cheap used. I just got a Japanese Ibanez Bass today for $100. It's beat up, but it plays and sounds awesome. The same pawn shop had another like it but mint and 5 string for $100 more.

The same thing goes for Gibsons if that's your thing. The pawn down the street has a mint faded Flying V for $700 that I am positive I could get for $600 or less. Even many Gibson Studios I've played will kick the crap outta Korean guitars, and that's their cheapest line.

I try not to be biased, and there are always exceptions, but I've had a lot of guitars and this is what I've come to realize.
Im not in to ibanez. I love schecters. There is very little i would change about my current line up of guitars and there isnt another guitar out there i like more than this and ive played many of them. The bridge being not so great has very little to do with the quality of the instrument. If the bridge was mounted wrong or something like that then fine. One way or another, ive been doing better with my bridge now. It seems to be staying in tune relatively decent. I've been able to make it through practice maybe having to touch it up once or twice. If you like ibanez, or some other guitar the more power to ya.
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Schecter Damien Elite
Epiphone Les Paul
Boss SD-1
Boss CS-3