In a nutshell, I want to replace a logo on a headstock with a matte black finish with my own signature.

I have the decal of my signature ready and printed, I just need to know how to get rid of the logo and make it look as if it was never there.

Thanks!
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
lightly.. and I do mean really lightly, rub it off with steel wool =]

the ink is just under one layer of varnish in most guitars
Opus Pocus =]
Quote by kandex
In a nutshell, I want to replace a logo on a headstock with a matte black finish with my own signature.

I have the decal of my signature ready and printed, I just need to know how to get rid of the logo and make it look as if it was never there.

Thanks!

It all depends on if you want to half-ass it, or make it (your new decal) look like a factory finish? Half-ass is easy but looks like a two year old slapped a sticker on their headstock. 'Factory' isn't hard, but requires a clue, patience, and the ability to competently remove (and re-install) the tuning machines and/or string retainers plus a few bucks for poly or nitro in a rattle can and some wet/dry sandpaper. Also, neck removal isn't necessary - but recommended just so the risk of screwing up anything else is minimized.
Quote by ORCRiST
It all depends on if you want to half-ass it, or make it (your new decal) look like a factory finish? Half-ass is easy but looks like a two year old slapped a sticker on their headstock. 'Factory' isn't hard, but requires a clue, patience, and the ability to competently remove (and re-install) the tuning machines and/or string retainers plus a few bucks for poly or nitro in a rattle can and some wet/dry sandpaper. Also, neck removal isn't necessary - but recommended just so the risk of screwing up anything else is minimized.

Where can I acquire polyurethane or nitro in a spray can? Does Home Depot stock it or would I have to go to a specialized website like stewmac?
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info