Looking to buy a bass tomorrow. Saw these two new models on Musiciansfriend.

Has anyone played or heard anything about these two basses?

Information on the tone and anything would help. Thanks so much.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky Strings
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
they are pretty new. I don't know if anyone around here has played on them yet. I want the double P jazz bass though.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I played a Blacktop Telecaster guitar and it was remarkably good. If the basses are equally good, then I would recommend them.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Alright guys, I'm gonna bite the bullet and order the jazz one with the two p bass pickups. It's cheap so worst case scenario, I have a fender to customize
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
A guy on another bass-centric forum just got the HH P bass.

Thanks to some couponing, he got it for less than a standard MiM bass!

So far, his review was quite impressive. He took it apart and everything. The pickups are good and the finish is suprizingly well done. I can only assume the PP Jazz will be the same quality.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
The blacktop basses are regular cheaper than all of the MIM basses. the blacktop jazz and p are both 499 on musiciansfriend and zzounds. The MIM basses are all like 579$ on those sites. So yea, its a great deal.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
A MIM Standard P-bass here goes for €529 and both the Jazz and Precision Blacktops for €619.
I'm confused.
Seems like the outside-US market is being screwed again, strange, considering the US dollar seems to be going the same way as the Zimbabwe dollar at the moment.
Haven't seen any of these in Aussie land yet.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
In the us, the blacktop basses are roughly 100$ cheaper. Very strange.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Quote by Acoustnaut
In the us, the blacktop basses are roughly 100$ cheaper. Very strange.

Poor Europe (and Australia), no cheap fenders for them
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Poor Europe (and Australia), no cheap fenders for them

Europe still owes us for the last big war, and Australia keeps hoarding all the good kangaroos. Until this effrontery stops, there shall be no cheap Fenders for them!
Quote by FatalGear41
Europe still owes us for the last big war,

Which war, the one on terrorism ? The one in the Balkan territories ? Did you mean WW2 ? Germany paid their final debts off to the USA a few years, maybe even 10 years ago.

and Australia keeps hoarding all the good kangaroos.

Kangaroo's don't make guitars. Guitars are not made of kangaroo's.

Ergo,

Until this effrontery stops, there shall be no cheap Fenders for them!

equals a shit arguement.

Nice joke though.
-----------------------------

About the basses, I kinda want one of both myself, but I can't even afford a fifth of just one of 'em right now.
The war on terror remains ongoing, and the Balkans are not in Europe. They're in the Balkans.

Germany never owed the U.S.A. a debt for either WWI or WWII. They were the enemy. We didn't help them or lend them money or weapons. It was the other European nations; particularly the U.K., that incurred a war debt - primarily through the Lend-Lease Act (A farce if ever there was one. How does one "borrow" bullets and expect to "return" them, etc.). And there was no formal assessment of monetary liability against Germany after WWII, except by the Soviets. Their demands for countless billions of dollars went largely ignored, though they did get a fair amount of surviving industrial material from the Ruhr.

Germany paid off its debt for WWI under the terms of the Versailles Treaty in 2010. Any reparations for the Second World War won't be paid off for decades.

Kangaroos do not make guitars, but they are cool and we don't have many here. So if the Aussies are going to hoard the best kangaroos, then we will not provide them with cheap Fender instruments. It is a reasonable trade.

Lighten up,my friend. It's a bass forum
^methinks the boy needs a beer perhaps? Or a bran muffin?

Back on topic. Fender needs to stop issuing stuff like this so I can focus on getting a better amp. That is all.
I want this amplifier: