This has probably been done before but I thought it would be cool to see what everyones top 5 favorite Axes are..list player and guitar in order 1-5!!!
The Strat, the Les Paul, Gibsion Flying V, and Randy Rhoads's offset V. They've all defined the modern metal scene. Every other guitar is basically a variation of these guitars.
Les Paul with which Eric Clapton practically invented the blues rock sound on the 'Beano' album.

Fender Stratocaster , used by Jimi Hendrix to push the sonic capabilities of the instrument.

Yamaha SG 2000. Gave the Japanese guitar industry serious credibilty which in turn forced the likes of Gibson and Fender out of their complacency.

The 'Superstrat'. pioneered by EVH and now a must have for any shredder or metal head.

Gibson double neck... Stairway!!
Quote by doug15
Les Paul with which Eric Clapton practically invented the blues rock sound on the 'Beano' album.

Fender Stratocaster , used by Jimi Hendrix to push the sonic capabilities of the instrument.

Yamaha SG 2000. Gave the Japanese guitar industry serious credibilty which in turn forced the likes of Gibson and Fender out of their complacency.

The 'Superstrat'. pioneered by EVH and now a must have for any shredder or metal head.

Gibson double neck... Stairway!!

I would be inclined to agree but one super strat stands out above all other others.

The Ibanez Jem and it's down priced prodigy. they've already been arounf for over 20 yers, Matter of they're fast approaching the 25th anniversary..

RG series with the smaller bodes bodies 24 frets necks with a cut away deep enough to make them useful.

The head stock alone makes them iconic then we have the clones from Jackson and ESP/LTD...

Just saying super strat and give EVH credit for doing it. Is a massive disservice to all the other people who took that basic idea and ran with it.

EDIT
Without the RS series no Jackson dinkies or ESP M series would exist
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Last edited by Willowthewitch at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by Willowthewitch

Just saying super strat and give EVH credit for doing it. Is a massive disservice to all the other people who took that basic idea and ran with it.

Ibanez Jem first produced 1987. EvH's 'Frankenstrat' ( made mostly from Charvel parts) first used on Van Halen 1 which was recorded in1977.So to clarify to those who didnt understand where I was coming from Ill say I was referring to the original superstrat as used by EVH from which all others are derived and is therefore the most memorable to me, which is why I gave it as one of my personal choices.
les paul standard, stratocaster, randy rhoads v, jackson dinky
I think the most memorable strat in particular would either have to be the one Jimi Hendrix used at woodstock (the white one) or the one SRV always used that had his initials on the pick guard.
Telecaster, Les Paul, SG, Superstrats, and the Dean ML
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412