So I read that Jackson Dinky guitars have a slightly smaller than average guitar body (7/8 according to the almighty Wikipedia). I checked the Jackson site and it said the scale length was 25.5"
Would this in any way effect the sound it produces than compared to if it were regular sized?
Why would they even make slightly smaller guitars like that? For smaller built people? Seems sort of a random act to me.
If you have to ask then chances are you probably won't.
It's probably a comfort design more than anything
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
It's smaller so it's lighter; a lot of 'metal' 'shred' guitars have smaller or thinner bodies.

I have a Jackson dinky, and maybe I need to get out the tape measure but I don't believe it's 25.5" scale length. I'll try to get back to you.

EDIT: yep I just measured it, it is. Looks small to me though!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Aug 5, 2011,
i think the compund radius (idk if urs has it) throws you off a bit because its really skinny at the top
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Body size and scale length have what exactly to do with one another? Those dinky bodies are comfy though imo.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.
i dunno, maybe a teeny bit, but it's probably pretty subtle.

it's very comfy. i think that's why they did it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Pac_man0123
Compound radius means the fretboard gets flatter, not that the neck gets thinner.

Yes, i know what a compound radius is. When u look at it from the front the neck up to the 12 fret is more rounded off and then geys flatter. I was just trying to say that the rounder lower frets could throw off your eyes and make the guitar look small/weird
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED