i wanna some right hand technique
and some left hand hand technique !

i know palm muting
rest n free stropk
sliding
! that's all!

SO CUD u tell me alot of techniques !
legato, staccato, vibrato, string skipping, economy picking, alternate picking, tapping, pick tapping, pick scraping, harmonics, pinch harmonics, dive bombs. That should be enough for a while.
Quote by hendrixism
legato, staccato, vibrato, string skipping, economy picking, alternate picking, tapping, pick tapping, pick scraping, harmonics, pinch harmonics, dive bombs. That should be enough for a while.

is pick scraping just another name for racking or something diffirent in itself?

btw, why would one learn to pick tap when finger tapping us so much easyer
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
You can tap a billion times quicker..
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Please don't be the ass that can sweep 6 strings but not throw out some cool riffage...

Pinch harmonics are where you drag your thumb across the string, after the pick. It will almost feel like your digging in, but not really. Try getting different harmonics based on where you mute the string with your thumb, creating that harmonic.

I'm tired of typing, that is all for now. Use google and youtube a lot as well, there are some great musicians out there, who already answered all of your questions.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by hr113
is pick scraping just another name for racking or something diffirent in itself?

btw, why would one learn to pick tap when finger tapping us so much easyer

Raking is when you hit muted strings while going to one unmuted note. Used greatly in blues (SRV)

Pick scraping is when you scrape your pick against the strings from the bridge upwards the neck, or downward your call. Anyways it´s not the same thing, this is what pick scraping is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtm-jxMcs0

It gives a great effect to some songs!
Check the techniques sticky at the top of the forum. It's got most of the standard techniques you'll encounter in guitar music.
Quote by slashVSworld
rest n free stropk

Screw everything else, I wanna know what this is...
Quote by GrStMyGn
Screw everything else, I wanna know what this is...

Rest and free strokes are generally classical techniques as far as I'm aware but since I don't know exactly what they are I've no idea how you'd apply them to modern electric playing...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Sickz
Raking is when you hit muted strings while going to one unmuted note. Used greatly in blues (SRV)

Pick scraping is when you scrape your pick against the strings from the bridge upwards the neck, or downward your call. Anyways it´s not the same thing, this is what pick scraping is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtm-jxMcs0

It gives a great effect to some songs!

knew both already, just clarifying names

@deathbydestroyr
you can create harmonic context by using sweeps perfectly fine
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Last edited by hr113 at Aug 5, 2011,