Page 1 of 2
Charvel have redesigned their website and are showing their new models, they look pretty cool, still prefer their superstrats though!

The new Charvel Desolation

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And the new Charvel Skatecaster

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There are a few more on their website, go have a look
whoa the desolation looks pretty cool. I've been looking for a decent LP style guitar with a floyd rose (that isnt a PRS) for a while. Think I'll still be getting a fernandes moterey when my pay check comes in though.
I don't see the point in having yet another LP copy out there. I like the blue version of that Jazzmaster style thing though.
I like the skatecaster, too bad it comes with EMGS for the the nech through versions...
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
^ When I think of Charvel this just isn't what comes to mind.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.
Dammit, had hopes there would be something like the Charvel San Dimas Tele.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I prefer the Jackson Dominion

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Wow, more generic looking metal guitars...

Should have just stuck with the San Dimas/Socal look.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
Wow, more generic looking metal guitars...

Should have just stuck with the San Dimas/Socal look.

But they still have the San Dimas and SoCal. What's wrong with diversifying a little?

I know what you mean though, it's hard to think of Charvel as anything except superstrat or star.

Having said that, I like them. Anyway, since Charvel essentially invented the superstrat it's kind of fitting that they should make a superpaul too.

EDIT: Actually, that's a point. Where's the good ol' Charvel Star in the lineup?
+ infinity for the star. as long as it's made in japan like the pro mods.

EDIT: not much fussed on these new ones
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the Skatecaster in blue smear. huminah.

By the way, all the EMG guitars are EMG X models.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Aug 5, 2011,
Quote by grohl1987
nah EMG Xs actually say 'EMG X' on them. Those are regular EMGs.

What? I see EMG and X on the pick up.
So do I. What pic are you lookin at, grohl?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I don't see any "X"?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave, don't make me get out my can of spray!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
i'm completely serious. there's no "X" on either of the EMGs on the pic you posted.

Unless this is an in-joke and you're just taking the piss
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm completely serious. there's no "X" on either of the EMGs on the pic you posted.

Unless this is an in-joke and you're just taking the piss

I see no "x" either :S
I'm still hoping for a Snow White So Cal in lefty. That's about my dream guitar there. xD I'm...not one for EMGs.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Enix165
I'm still hoping for a Snow White So Cal in lefty. That's about my dream guitar there. xD I'm...not one for EMGs.

I was stuck between getting either the Blue, White and Red Socal, it was the hardest choice of my life
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I was stuck between getting either the Blue, White and Red Socal, it was the hardest choice of my life

I want to get one in the white eventually. I just have a thing for white guitars. It'd go pretty nicely with my white DK2M too.
Look like fancy schecters
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Upper fret access on the Desolation doesn't look too good. The fretboard extends over a large part of the body, so I think there's gonna be a lot of heel in the way.

And what's up with abalone binding? Why do so many guitar makers think abalone is "metal"? If I want a guitar to play Teh Br00tz, I don't want it to have a sparkly trim around the edge. Abalone binding is to metal guitars what Edward Cullen is to Vampires.

EDIT: Also, the website says the Singlecut models have Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Last edited by sashki at Aug 5, 2011,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
This is what it looks like to me:
(not as crappy, but I needed to make the file smaller for UG)

ah i see the x in that one. but the first one you posted, there's no x. No idea what's going on
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that's odd. i was on my phone earlier and i swear there were X's in that pic lol. Still, Desolation has bad fret access and the other is just ugly to me. Would rather have a superstrat or an LTD Eclipse if im just going for a LP
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah i see the x in that one. but the first one you posted, there's no x. No idea what's going on

That's the SAME photo. I saved the photo onto my computer and cropped to fit UG standards. They BOTH have X's.

Maybe it's the location? I'm in the US... Aren't you from Bear Grylls land?
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
That's the SAME photo. I saved the photo onto my computer and cropped to fit UG standards. They BOTH have X's.

Maybe it's the location? I'm in the US... Aren't you from Bear Grylls land?

Nope, I'm in the US and I don't see an X on the original pic.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Very disappointed at these rehashed generic "metal" guitars. No wonder i buy older model guitars...non of this newer shite interests me.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

Since I'm lefty, I can't get a Charvel, so I'm going for a Warmoth superstrat. I was stuck between white with black pickguard, white without pickguard(I'm a massive Criss Oliva fanboy), orange tiger a la George Lynch/Satchel(upon my friend's suggestion) and pewter grey with black pickguard, and I pretty much went nuts trying to pick. xD I decided on white with black pickguard thanks to Jake E Lee, but...yeah. Maddening decisions. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Do you guys see the X if you click on the photo from this page?
http://www.charvel.com/guitars//search.php?partno=2931211590

There's an X on the thumbnail but none when you click on it. In the thumbnail, it also looks like an 89X by the color of the logo. They probably took pictures of a prototype. The guitar in those pictures looks more like amber than red.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
+1 for the Charvel Star

Add me to the wanting the Charvel Star brought back.

I love star bodies and super strats Charvel pretty much set the standard for what those are supposed to be.

Maybe Fender will figure it out that people want the classic Charvel styles of the 80s
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I realy wish they would just make a Super Strat with an appropriate Jackson Style headstock on it, then they would have my attention.

+1
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Page 1 of 2