I'm between a Squier Affinity Strat ($234) and a Squier Standard Strat ($324).

I know the differences between them but the question is, from your point of view, is it worth paying $100 more for the Standard?

Just in case, these are my 2 options, I know the deluxe is better, the MIM is better but my budget sets the max with the Standard
Buy a used mim? That's around 300
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
^ this

If you get the Affinity and decide to upgrade it later, the thin body may run into some problems.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
Yep, but the problem is that I can't buy used, there is almost none used market here, even the online stores which sell used don't send to my island... So that's the reason I just can choose between those two
Well, if those are your only choices, then I say get the standard. Unless you are willing to save up longer and spend more.
Do you already have a functioning guitar of some description? If your answer is yes, save more money and get a better guitar.
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
DO NOT buy a MIM fender, the are garbage. I would not go with an affinity. Standards are nice and have semi descent pick ups (provided you are just learning or play around the house. Not for giging). But honestly... I would save and get a 50s classic vibe.

I am definitely no guitar god.. nor a guitar snob. classic vibe and vintage modified squires blow MIM fenders off the stage and their quality control is better. I have never played a bad cv. But I have played a few almost unplayable mim, not to mention their pups are pathetic. and the squire standards arent bad at all. but not great.
Last edited by jsspang at Aug 5, 2011,
What about the Classic Vibe series?
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland