Hi all!
First of all, know that im from Canada so prices may vary from the US. Alright, here I go.
Ive recently decided to trade my single rectifier for a JCM 900 or 2000. The sound of a rectifier isnt really what im going for. Ive been offered a JCM 900 + footswitch + $250 cash for my head. Pretty interesting if you ask me. On the other hand, there's a dude who wants to trade me his JCM 2000 + footswitch but with no money. I see some 2000's going for $750. Im leaning towards a JCM 2000 but I feel like the trade wouldn't be fair if he doesn't give me money.
What are your guys thoughts on this? Should I trade it for the JCM 2000?
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Last edited by AmericanParadox at Aug 5, 2011,
i wouldn't, but that's just me (and also based on UK prices).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what styles are you going for? cuz id take a recto over a JCM anyday unless it was a single channel 800
Quote by Seanthesheep
what styles are you going for? cuz id take a recto over a JCM anyday unless it was a single channel 800

Punk rock. Mainly Rise Against, Lagwagon, Bad Religion, Strung Out, etc.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
That style varies but single recto would cut it perfectly given some EQ etc and matched to the right cab (key imo)
Quote by waterbound
That style varies but single recto would cut it perfectly given some EQ etc and matched to the right cab (key imo)

I know but I just like the sound of a JCM more. Sounds warmer, tighter and more british.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by GS LEAD 5
It would be more or less fair if it were for a JCM900 SLX or a single channel 800 minus the diodes.....for a run of the mill 900 or 2000? He should be paying you the 200

+1

The 2000 is a better sounding thing than a 900. The 900 is a good punk amp but it is better at old punk (like Pistols) than new punk (like Bad Religion). You already have the correct amp for Bad Religion.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 5, 2011,
Quote by Cathbard
+1

The 2000 is a better sounding thing than a 900. The 900 is a good punk amp but it is better at old punk (like Pistols) than new punk (like Bad Religion). You already have the correct amp for Bad Religion.

Still, after trying both JCM's, I loved them more than my recto.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
I wouldn't go with the 900, I have a feeling you'll tire of it quickly.

The JCM 2000 DSL is a very nice sounding head, but he should definitely be giving you money with it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I like the JCM2000 but I never thought of it as a good amp for punk. I hate the JCM900 but its better for old punk like Cathbard said. The deal for the 900 is the better deal unless you wanna sell your recto seperatly then use that money to buy a jcm2000 or something else. But seriously there is nothing better than punk on a rec. just sayin.
Well I love the new Rise against tone and they're now using JCM 900's. I'd love to nail that tone so Thats why I figured I should take the 900.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by guitarpatrick66
The deal for the 900 is the better dea

Not really.

If it's not an SLX, it's worth like $400. Not very many people like the Dual Reverbs and they are extremely hard to sell because of it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Not really.

If it's not an SLX, it's worth like $400. Not very many people like the Dual Reverbs and they are extremely hard to sell because of it.

Here they sell for around $700/750
Plus, rectos are too loose for my taste.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Last edited by AmericanParadox at Aug 5, 2011,
Quote by AmericanParadox
Here they sell for around $700/750
Plus, rectos are too loose for my taste.

Huh? You talking about the Recto selling for that much, or the JCM900? Cause the last sentence could make it go either way

Assuming you're talking about the 900 like I was, I seriously doubt they sell for that much, though I guess it's possible since you're in Canada...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 5, 2011,
Yeah im talking about the 900 and I can send you links to prove it
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by MatrixClaw
Not really.

Take it down a level or 2 ... only a few make it as Master Gear Hunters.
the US treasury should take MC on. he'd have the deficit down in about a week. plus a diezel in every government office.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by AmericanParadox
Well I love the new Rise against tone and they're now using JCM 900's. I'd love to nail that tone so Thats why I figured I should take the 900.

What JCM900? The JCM900 SL/X is a completely different beast. If the JCM900 you were offerred was an SL/X it would be a fair trade.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
What JCM900? The JCM900 SL/X is a completely different beast. If the JCM900 you were offerred was an SL/X it would be a fair trade.

They're using a 4100. Exactly the one ive been offered. The dude also gives me $250 with it.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by MatrixClaw
Not really.

This.

DRs are just expensive paperweights.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
^Hes giving you 250? Ah that would be about ok.

Yeah, $250 + the JCM 900 head. The other dude is offering me a JCM 2000 but with no money. Trading the single recto for the 2000 with no money would be a scam but for the 900 with the $250 isnt bad at all...
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
You know you can slap some EL34's in the power section and get a more mid agressive tone, with your Recto.
Look to see what JCM 900 it is, but there is no way a JCM 2000 is worth that trade.
The JCM's are not the tones you want for the tones you listed.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate