When playing songs such as street spirit (fade out) by radiohead, after playing the riff a few times I always seem to mess up and hit other strings by mistake I dont find the song difficult or anything I just struggle with accuracy. What can I do to make my playing more accurate?
Just keep practicing.
You can also try slowing it down, making sure to get it accurate at slower tempos and then building it up.
Quote by whoomit
Just keep practicing.
You can also try slowing it down, making sure to get it accurate at slower tempos and then building it up.

You can not try to slow down, you have to slow down. Practicing fast wont help.
Quote by Sickz
You can not try to slow down, you have to slow down. Practicing fast wont help.

OK so practice slowly and as I feel more confident bring the tempo up?
Quote by BurningSouls
OK so practice slowly and as I feel more confident bring the tempo up?

You practice at the highest tempo you can play the desired lick/riff/chord/etc PERFECTLY for a long time, no "i can play it perfectly for 30 sec" bullshit. I mean being able to play it perfectly and relaxed. Then after practiced at that tempo for a while you will feel it is abit easier, then raise the tempo by "x" amount. X can be anything between 1bpm to 10 bpm, depends on how confident you feel.

You have to be honest with yourself how good/easy you can play the thing your working on, otherwise you will progress very slowly.
Practice slow. Use a metronome.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Sickz
You practice at the highest tempo you can play the desired lick/riff/chord/etc PERFECTLY for a long time, no "i can play it perfectly for 30 sec" bullshit. I mean being able to play it perfectly and relaxed. Then after practiced at that tempo for a while you will feel it is abit easier, then raise the tempo by "x" amount. X can be anything between 1bpm to 10 bpm, depends on how confident you feel.

You have to be honest with yourself how good/easy you can play the thing your working on, otherwise you will progress very slowly.

^^This is all correct. It's very hard to get yourself to slow down and do this sometimes, but it's well worth it.

Practicing slowly will likely help your ability to discern rhythm accurately, too.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.