I want to learn slide, but I don't know if I should get metal or glass. I know that it all comes down to what you prefer, but I'm wondering if a certain one works better on a Strat? I know people usually play slide on Les Pauls and stuff, so I was just curious as to which works better on a strat. Thanks for any help
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
What kind of tone are you looking for?
And what kind of pickups does your strat have?
Quote by whoomit
What kind of tone are you looking for?
And what kind of pickups does your strat have?

Sorry - should have included that in the OP. My Strat has Texas Specials. And I have 10's in standard tuning, if that makes a difference. I'm looking for a tone similar to Warren Haynes in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Xc8AKQv5Y towards the end when he starts jamming at around 6:05.
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I prefer glass. If you're really resourceful, it's easy to make one from the neck of a beer or wine bottle.
Quote by W4RP1G
I prefer glass. If you're really resourceful, it's easy to make one from the neck of a beer or wine bottle.

I was thinking of doing that for fun, but I found a gift card that I forgot I had from a family member for $20 at my local music store so I figured I might as well use it on something before it expires
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
I was thinking of doing that for fun, but I found a gift card that I forgot I had from a family member for $20 at my local music store so I figured I might as well use it on something before it expires

I suggest a a capo as well if you don't have one. Not need for slide guitar, but still good to have.
Quote by W4RP1G
I suggest a a capo as well if you don't have one. Not need for slide guitar, but still good to have.

Yeah I was thinking of picking one up as well
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by W4RP1G

Actually if your using a slide tuning (open G, open A, etc.) then a capo is good to play in different keys without changing the tuning. Capo on the 2nd fret of open G= open A.

Glass is easier to slide and is more of a smooth sound. Metal will be more...idk exactly how to explain...like rough sounding haha.

If you have a shot glass, try using that and see if you like the sound.

I just went to a hardware store and picked up some copper tubing for 99 cents...I'm using that atm
alright, I'll prob just check em all out and see what I like best, thanks guys!
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W