What's the best interface that I could get for around $200-$300? I read up on getting the m-audio fast track pro (which will also make it so I can use protools) but before buying it I wanna know if theres anything better that's around that price. It should also preferably have phantom power, thanks!

EDIT: I'm going to be using a sm57 with it btw.
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
Last edited by !Mike! at Aug 5, 2011,
Don't know how much it would cost in your country, but Zoom's R series seems to be pretty good. Depending on cost, the R24 would be the best one to have as it has the most processing power & includes extras like a drum machine (don't know if you'd need that or not).

They also make an R16, which is obviously a bit cheaper but also has slightly less functionality. I think there's also an R8, which would be cheaper again, but I've never looked at that one because I'd need more actual tracks than that provides.

They're designed so they can be used either as a stand alone unit (the R16 & R24 can both record a whole band live in concert) or as an interface to a PC, and they usually come with a copy of Cubase included but can be used with other packages - you should probably confirm it's compatible with what you already have just in case, but it seems pretty universal.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by sandyman323
Focusrite.

This, best under $300 interfaces ever

I read up on getting the m-audio fast track pro (which will also make it so I can use protools)

Any interface runs Pro Tools now with Pro Tools 9. You aren't going to want to use PT M-Powered. All I've heard is nothing but woes with M-Powered.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Alright thanks guys, I checked out the zoom r series but I couldnt find much info about them. I also checked out the focusrites and I'm leaning towards them, someones also selling one secondhand on kijiji in my area so I'm probably going to get it.
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.