Hi guys. Ive been out of bass playing for a while. I sold my bass and guitar due to moving out of my parents house. Now I have a stable apartment and Job and am ready to get back in the business. Ive managed to hold on to my Acoustic B200 and 4x10 cab. I really love that rig. So simple, and it sounds great. I need a new bass, and I remember all the hot items when I was hip, but maybe things have changed?
Tell me, bass forum. What are all the new attention grabbers in the land of bass? Im looking at maybe a Squier VM jazz, but what about these new Blacktop basses? Teach me, wise ones.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I have a Squier VM Jazz and love it, but the blacktops look cool as hell. So IMO VM > Blacktop
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
I desperately want to try out one of those blacktops. Although I seem to remember playing a bcRich bass with the same douple split coil setup and it sounded good, but not great. Maybe fender has a better take on it. I really love the pj combo setup, or Stu Hamms pjp seup.
Quote by c3powil
I desperately want to try out one of those blacktops. Although I seem to remember playing a bcRich bass with the same douple split coil setup and it sounded good, but not great. Maybe fender has a better take on it. I really love the pj combo setup, or Stu Hamms pjp seup.

I've been cruising around the net and it seems like the black tops are too new to have a lot of feedback yet--I think a ton of us are drooling over them.

Unfortunately, all the shops in my area told me it'd be quite a while before they would get any in.
I think they have great potential, and Im very interested to see what they can put out. However just realizing that, Im not going to buy a new bass. Im a used kind of guy.
If the Blacktop basses are as good as the Blacktop guitars, then they are very good indeed.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
blacktop jazz with a maple p bass neck would be the sex. But yeah, still look for the vm and cv squiers, all the old ibanez guys. the atk is back in business but its a 200 model instead of a 300.

and good choice on the acoustic with the 410. its what im rocking.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Hmmmm, a 200 ATK? I had the 300 version with rosewood frettboard and black picguard (some sort of guitar center special edition) some time ago. I sold it because, while I loved the tone in some aspects, it was a very clear "bell tone" sort of bass and I like warm puchy growlness.

And heck yea, the Acoustic brand gets a thumbs up from me. May not be what it was way back when, but its a quality beginner to mid range name. I finagled my way into getting the cab for cheap from GC. I love how transparent the tone is, and how loud it is, despite the 200 watt rating on the head. I plan on adding a 15 or another 4x10 sometime later after I get back into the music scene.