Alright so here is the deal. I have an Ibanez RG350EX. The Edge 3 is a cheap mock up of a Floyd Rose Tremolo. It. Sucks. Ass-Crust. Help me.

I need to know what I should do, I don't know anything about bridge customization. The ABSOLUTE #1 thing I would love to hear is "you can just get a string thru or something else installed for 100 bucks" but we all know that won't happen (but if it is possible SPEAK THE F**K UP). How much would you say it would cost to get a Floyd Rose to replace the Edge? And another thing is if that is way too expensive or not worth it, to get an Edge 2 trem because they are about 40 times better, but I have no idea how to get my hands on one without overpaying for one online.

You would think it would be cheap to just get the Floyd Rose swapped for the edge since it's already set up for tremolos but from what I've heard, even after that they screw you and charge like 400$.

PLAN B. If all else fails, I am selling this guitar. Unfortunately for me I can't return it, people on Craigslist want it new for 100$ which is obviousley a 100% no, and I really don't like the thought of trading it for someone elses guitar. How much would you say I could get if I sold this back to the shop?
An original floyd rose will drop straight in, apparantly
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
An original floyd rose will drop straight in, apparantly

Specificly meaning? Me=Stewpididee.
Last edited by Greatdude49 at Aug 5, 2011,
The routing done to accomodate the edge III is apparantly big enough for you to buy and install an original floyd in it's place: posts, knife edges, and all.

I'm not certain, because I've never done it. The only edge III I've ever had, I just blocked off
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
in other words, you can buy an original floyd rose tremolo, like this one (http://www.guitarpartssite.com/Floyd-Rose-FRT200-p/FRT200.htm) for about $170, and replace your edge 3.
it's a pretty simple thing to do, should only take you an hour or two, including a set-up and getting it intonated.
there are threads here to walk you through an FR set-up and intonation.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.