Anyone going to uproar this year should for sure check out Black Tides performance. Its going to be amazing! They should be playing a song or two off their new album Post Mortem!

Check it out!
In b4 they aren't real metal
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Never got the appeal. First album sounded like Metallica and Judas Priest try hards. Second album so far sounds like Bullet For My Valentine with more groove oriented riffs and worse vocals.
Quote by severed-metal
They aren't real metal.

ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Light from above was pretty good in my opinion. i'd have killed to be able to go to uproar this year. don't care too much for the new album though
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
I think they first came out with the gimmick that one of their members was 15 or something like that and I just couldn't take them seriously. I've heard their new song on the radio a couple times, and it's OK, but there's just something about them I don't like. Can't put my finger on it.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
I think they first came out with the gimmick that one of their members was 15 or something like that and I just couldn't take them seriously. I've heard their new song on the radio a couple times, and it's OK, but there's just something about them I don't like. Can't put my finger on it.

Yeah, them and Crooked X got alot of air time from MTV for having band members at the age of 15 or 16, so people thought they were really great for that age, despite making pretty average music.
I bought the first album the day it came out because I had heard "Shockwave" somewhere and thought they showed promise. Fast-forward three hours, I'm having an argument with a store clerk over why you can't return an album just because it blows. That 15 bucks could've bought two or three used cds that were good. All in all, that album is almost completely unlistenable just because of the vocals and lyrics. There's cheesy, there's power metal and then there's Black Tide. If they had better lyrics and a vocalist that's hit puberty, they might be more than a BFMV wannabe.
No, these guys are metal.
Infact, they're so metal they will stop at nothing to copy their heroes Metallica, Iron Maiden and Megadeth who are the most metal bands on earth.
Totally.
Black Tide sucks. Yeah they're young, but I'd do a better job at making music than them lol.

Typical Black Tide solo lick

D |---------------------------------------------------------------------------17-17-17-17-17-17-17-
A |---------------------------------14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14------------------------------
F |---13-13-13-13-13-13-13-------------------------------------------------------------------------
C |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ = Bend 

D|----17-----17^-----17^-----18^---19-19-19-19-19-19-21-21-21-22-23-24-25(Justin beiber)
A|--------18-------18-------19--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically the entire Solo for Shockwave and every other song they wrote.
METAL!
Quote by King Zirconium
I bought the first album the day it came out because I had heard "Shockwave" somewhere and thought they showed promise. Fast-forward three hours, I'm having an argument with a store clerk over why you can't return an album just because it blows. That 15 bucks could've bought two or three used cds that were good. All in all, that album is almost completely unlistenable just because of the vocals and lyrics. There's cheesy, there's power metal and then there's Black Tide. If they had better lyrics and a vocalist that's hit puberty, they might be more than a BFMV wannabe.

Funny thing is, their new albums sounds MORE like a BFMV wannabe than their last, hell one riff sounds like it came straight from Ascendancy by Trivium.

I'd put this band in...uhh...Personally Modern Rock, but they'd be sent to Hardcore Punk and I'm sure there's already a thread on them.

Also Ultraussie, you've never heard Shockwave have you? It's a bit more technical than that, certainly not very technical, but alot more than...whatever you posted from who knows where.
First album was Speed Metal, now they've gone Metalcore so this thread really belongs in the Hardcore forum.

Reported.
Want a place to discuss real metal without the irritations the forums can bring?