Bay Harbour

Bay Harbour higher quality

Anyway, here's a little backstory. two years ago I moved to Edmonton, Alberta. My then girlfriend met a person on kijiji we went to hang out one night. I saw they had a guitar, started playing, our new friend said her boyfriend was a guitarist singer, he found some of my demos and added me to his band's myspace. So suddenly I was a guitarist in a screamo band called Drown Her In The Massacre... I started to cowrite songs with Joe, taking it to a more metal direction. Bay Harbour was the last song I wrote in that band before being expelled for being "too metal". Anyway, I hope you like it.

drums programmed by me
all other instruments played by me.
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
You can barely hear the drums, the overall mix is terrible and the playing wasn't exactly tight.

The song writing is pretty good however, I liked a couple parts of it.
I agree the drums are too low, and its a shame really because from what I hear the drums sound sick. I also think the lead tone is just down right bad to be brutally honest.

The song has a few cool ideas here and there I'm sure with a good mix the songs high points will shine through because I can already tell what the high points of your songs are (i personally really like the part with the distorted chords and the part directly after that as well, but to be honest other then that theres nothing to be desired with the song)
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
Sort of a rough demo, I'll admit, It wasn't easy with doubling each rhythm tracks. I noticed after putting the mix on my iPod that the drums were rather low. I'm sad to hear you didn't like my lead tone. I love my lead tone personally. Song was kind of an experiment as I don't usually write that style. I was trying to get a bring me the horizon (Or something like that... As I Lay Dying? I don't really know.) kind of vibe because I figured that's what the boys in Drown Her wanted, apparently not as they kicked me out and started doing brutal breakdown after breakdown.
Thanks for you opinions.
I'll try remixing the whole effin thing. I'm trying new things with mixing and apparently the results aren't picture perfect yet. I'm trying to avoid compressing the shit out of my music aswell because I want a more lively feel.
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition