I know they used to be Nu Metal, which I would classify as a sub-genre of Hard Rock, not metal. I'm talking about Indestructible and Asylum. I'd call them a modern take on traditional heavy metal, like... a new wave Sabbath.
Anyone else see where I'm coming from? Cause a lot of people would say they're just really heavy hard rock, and not metal at all. Your thoughts?
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
garbage
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Did you really just compare Disturbed to Black Sabbath and traditional heavy metal? I'm trying to be nicer on the internet so as to be consistent with my attitude towards misclassifications by people in real life, so I'm simply going to direct you to the recommendation thread so that you can learn the differences between what Disturbed is doing and what other bands in metal do/have done.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388287

Go educate yourself please, as you will not get responses here, because the maxim here is "False do not Entry."
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Great.
Metal Elitists.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92

Quote by yope
Sorry for ignorance, I've long liked Disturbed but new to most metal genres.
Just needed specification.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Quote by GuitarGod_92

Quote by yope