Quote by chrtes
means the republicans are teh suck, boner got what he wanted

OT: It means we were fucked either way.
We should be putting the blame on the republicans or the democrats or the independents or the tea party. The government needs to stop bickering over small things and get stuff done. The UG community could have solved the debt ceiling in about a day. The government needs the get its head together.
What does it mean? Hopefully, it means that the people in office will stop acting like stubborn dickheads and try to get shit back on track. But they won't. Because they're high level politicians, since when do they care about the country?
ಠ_ಠ
It means if they can't come up with a real plan for their runaway spending, there's a real possibility the credit rating could take another hit in 6 months. If your credit rating takes enough of a hit, then nobody will lend money to you. No money and your country goes belly up.
They announced that they're reconsidering downgrading.

/thread
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
They announced that they're reconsidering downgrading.

/thread

Thank you for ending this thread. Everyone who was considering a followup post- please cease and desist.
Quote by Mr. Spock
Thank you for ending this thread. Everyone who was considering a followup post- please cease and desist.

You're welcome
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by eddiethekman
We should be putting the blame on the republicans or the democrats or the independents or the tea party. The government needs to stop bickering over small things and get stuff done. The UG community could have solved the debt ceiling in about a day. The government needs the get its head together.

You really haven't read much on here have you?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
You really haven't read much on here have you?

Lol, seriously.
It means my personal fortune is more than that of the United States of America. Which, in turn, means I ****ing rule.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by eddiethekman

UG's answer...(drum roll please)...What the USA really needs is a new amp.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
It means all US government issued debt is going to cost more, and all debt in the US market is subsequently going to become more expensive. This is basically going to lead to a double-dip recession.

The politicians, being politicians, are going to act like fucktards and pretend that they're hard done by when it's their fault that the stupid fucking cunts couldn't put aside ideology for a single moment and actually deal with this shit.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Also this ^
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Republicans are retarded, i wish there were many others to blame but they aren't. To think people actually vote them in.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Nothing to do with ideology. Had to do with politicians as self-interested, rational beings. They are hamstringed by what they need for reelection, mainly their links to wealthy individuals, corporations, banks, and the like. Real conundrum. They cannot make the decisions to remedy the problems that exist, because it will mean they will not be reelected, and and by not doing what needs to be done, the economy and the country will suffer. To do what would help the country as a whole would be what would sink their own lives/careers.

That is life. ****ed regardless.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I don't know what it could mean for the future, but I do foresee more partisan-squabbling and finger pointing than ever before.
I honestly don't understand partisan politics. It's like rooting for half a football team but claiming the other half are complete imbeciles. And vice versa.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by Slaughtered
I don't know what it could mean for the future, but I do foresee more partisan-squabbling and finger pointing than ever before.
I honestly don't understand partisan politics. It's like rooting for half a football team but claiming the other half are complete imbeciles. And vice versa.

It makes sense, tbh.

You have two competing coalitions that are in a struggle over scarce resources. Each is looking to strengthen their own coalition, to get more. Thus, they tend to demonize the other, creating justification for their attempted seizure of their resources. Think about this in a class based sense. Upper class want more wealth and claim that they deserve it, lower taxes for them are better for everyone, etc... The lower classes will say that they deserve more, that the higher classes need to pay their share, etc... Both sides want to advantage themselves, and they use moral justification to rationalize their wants, concealing the fact that they really just want more access to scarce resources. That is pretty much what all conflict is based off, scarce resources.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Well usually your perfect credit score will drop if you reach your limit and can't really pay off any of it.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Apparently, it also means that UG cannot set aside its partisan mindset and blame all politicians. Or I should say, some of UG. Enough with the blaming of one side or the other. It was all of the House and Senate's fault! ALL!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Apparently, it also means that UG cannot set aside its partisan mindset and blame all politicians. Or I should say, some of UG. Enough with the blaming of one side or the other. It was all of the House and Senate's fault! ALL!

Also all Americans faults too then, eh? I mean, they elected those people, right?

Damn you crazysam23_Atax for contributing to this debt crisis!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers