This is a jam Nirvana had in Robert Lang Studios before recording You Know Your Right. The feedback is exactly what I want but I have no clue how to get this or if it is possible to just get it through a tube amp (My guess is no).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq_89PCxEjs&lc=fSgrQTvXOdn56_2kJ_ihLSanK42sJW0Cn1KL75ZeYqQ&feature=inbox

Its at the beginning and you'll know what I'm talking about. I appreciate the help.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
Volume. Feedback is all about volume. Beside that it's just fretting the right place and standing in the right place.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
just feedback from distortion. with enough gain and volume you can do that easily.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Volume. Feedback is all about volume. Beside that it's just fretting the right place and standing in the right place.

So if the amp is near full blast and I play a few feet next to it, I can expect some noise as opposed to 20% volume of the same distance?

That makes sense, but sucks because I live in an apartment 5 out of 7 days.

Thanks for the speedy reply.
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
Quote by dkeenan
So if the amp is near full blast and I play a few feet next to it, I can expect some noise as opposed to 20% volume of the same distance?

That makes sense, but sucks because I live in an apartment 5 out of 7 days.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Depends on the size and type of your amp. I know I can put my HT-1 through a 2x12 cab, set the volume to less than half and easily get decent feedback.

It does suck if you like feedback but that's just physics, sorry
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I believe there is such a thing as a feedback generator. It's a little device that you hold near the strings that will make them vibrate a the same frequencies the usual traditional method would. But I just red about it once or twice never saw it working.
• '10 Epiphone Les Paul
• '96 Epiphone Rebel EM-1
• '10 Jackson JS32T Rhoads
• Vox Valvetronix VT20+
• Fame GTA40
• Zoom GX7.1u
• Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
• Jim Dunlop Ultex Jazz III 2mm
I cant listen to the clip right now so I don't know how it sounds, but I do know you generally just gotta crank the amp up and point the guitar towards it and you can get all the feedback you want.