I know this should probably go in the gear forum, but I'm putting it here to get more input.

I'm looking for a small valve amp to go in a practice space, something that has recordable quality, and can get loud enough to be heard over drums and bass when cranked. Price isn't really an object, but I'm not looking to spend over $500 dollars on something like this. Any favorites or suggestions?
blackstar has been making some great low watt combos that are perfect for what you need. blackstar venue series, check them out.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
There's so many amps out there that it's impossible for us to help you if you don't tell us what kind of tone you're looking for.

That said, if you're looking for a small general purpose amp, the Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 is an awesome for the price.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Haha alright chill. By small I mean under 20W, and the tone is rock and roll, not really into metal or anything that hard, the hardest I go is Foo Fighters, which isn't that dirty at all.
Look into Egnater Rebel 20
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
The Peavey Windsor Studio and the Blackstar HT20 would both be good options
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X