hi all, need advice whats gibson model is this with youtube link below, seems studio without any inlays... unable to check from gibson website as i think its discontinued maybe?

thanks in advance... cheers...

YOUTUBE LINK
PRS Singlecut Tremolo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 Combo
Martin OM1 Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Love the finish on those, hate the guitars though. terrible, terrible guitars.
Sorry to seem negative but when the motor for the tuning pegs dies... well... its not so fun to get it fixed/replaced even under warranty.
Holy... not knowing its one of those robotic guitar... thought its those bfg studio low end stuff...
PRS Singlecut Tremolo
Martin OM1 Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Thx all, cheers...
PRS Singlecut Tremolo
Martin OM1 Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
i thought you may have noticed how it tuned by itself when he strummed the string at the very beginning and they were horribly out, but then they were tuned right up in seconds.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
ya, i also noticed the $3477 retail price tag... LOL....
PRS Singlecut Tremolo
Martin OM1 Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by RottyDog
ya, i also noticed the $3477 retail price tag... LOL....

40% - technology
50% - name
10% - actual quality
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
haha, yupyup thats GIBSON... i rather get EBMM or even another PRS... cheers...
PRS Singlecut Tremolo
Martin OM1 Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
someone still has darkfires in stock?

i thought the dusk tiger or bionic cheetah thing replaced it, then the firebad X.
Quote by gregs1020
someone still has darkfires in stock?

i thought the dusk tiger or bionic cheetah thing replaced it, then the firebad X.

You forgot about the Dust Bunny and the Vibrating Egg.
Quote by randomhero93
40% - technology
50% - name
10% - actual quality

And the 6505 is the greatest amp ever made for any genre ever, right?

The ignorance on these forums about specific topics is mindblowing. Gibson makes a nice instrument right now. Their stuff is actually pretty high quality. Whether or not it's worth the price tag is debatable, but the quality is good.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Last edited by 3074326 at Aug 6, 2011,
Quote by 3074326
but the quality is good.

and you find 'good' quality to be acceptable when paying $3000+ for a guitar? No thank you, I want great quality.

oh and at them slashing out the $3600 and then putting $3477 like people are going to go "omg! only $3477?! thank you gibson for saving me that extra $127!"
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Several oif you gentlemen need some education on Gibson pricing schemes it seems. The MSRP is $3477 (Darkfire) not the retail price. Only an idiot would pay GIbson's MSRP and it's the same with all their pricing. Typically retail price is 40% of what Gibson calls MSRP.
Some examples are:

Listed prices shown are from Sweetwater (not the best deals by far) in USD. Some of these are even more than retail prices here in Canada thru L&M or Guitar Works.
          I bought my new 57 RI for $2700USD and the MRSP is $5174 (same as the 58 RI)

If you're going to bash companies and talk shit, try to at least know what you're talking about.

My three......
          R0V2 on left - R7 on right and Trad Plus on bottom
          MRSP Totals are something on the order of $17177 USD - My Price was $10799
          Moving on.....
          Last edited by KenG at Aug 6, 2011,
          fwiw ken the darkfire we had in the store was tagged at over $3k.

your post makes it seem like it would be 40% less than that. it wasn't, but did price drop to $2700 before the last one sold. (that was basically at cost to get them out of the stores).

they may have lowered the MSRP at some point, maybe when the dusk tiger was released.

btw, the R0V2 is beautiful. is it a thinner neck? i've only played V3.

edit: lol at the dust bunny.
          Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 6, 2011,
          There are stores that foolishly go closer to MRSP but there aren't main stream retailers. Seriously, check out prices on Gibson's website and then try some of the better known retailers (Marks Guitar Loft, Sweetwater, Wildwood, Eddies Guitars, GC, Musicians Friend and in Canada Long&McQuade) all post prices in and around what I showed. Some Mom & Pop stores won't compete or maybe BestBuy but who hell buys a guitar there?

Also, Gibson does place a lower limit on "posted" prices for their vendors but asa I showed with my R7, many go well below "posted" price. I saved over $600 by buying my R7 that way. These 'deal" pricesthough are by telephone or personal conversations meaning you actually have to talk to the store to get their best prices, No emails.

In answer to your other Q on the R0V2 is right in between a 50's neck (my Trad+) and a 60's slim. IF you've ever played an Elitist the profile is very close.
          Moving on.....
          Last edited by KenG at Aug 6, 2011,
          i'm taking about Sam Ash Music, the second largest retailer in the US.

we had 3 go through the store in the year i was there.

also you are speaking of what is known as MAP pricing in the US. That is the lowest allowed advertised price. that's why the guitars are listed at the same price everywhere, it's as low as they can ad.

which is why some times for sales it says "price too low to advertise".

but yea, in person or over the phone they can do whatever they want to move the gear.
          Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 6, 2011,