Hey guys, I've had a 5 string for like a year now, and so far I dont use the B string for much besides a place to rest my thumb when I play. I need to change that..

I was hoping a few of you could give me a few good songs or bands that use 5 string basses. I mostly listen to metal, but I'm open to just about anything really. Just dont give me anything too extreme; I'm not really that good (bass is like my third instrument..).

Thanks ^-^

Oh yeah, dont say Korn. Just... No.
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
Why not KoRn?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I hate Korn.. I listened to them like nonstop when I was younger, and now I just cant stand to hear them.
I'll probably just suck it up and learn a few songs though, they had some pretty sick basslines.
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
Not too extreme eh?

Well "Victa" by Victor Wooten is a pretty easy one, although it's jazz/funk.
"Forsaken" by Dream Theater
That's all I can think of right now. I've had a hard time coming up with anything for 5 string myself.
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil
Try play the regulur four-string songs on a five i mean instead of playing open E you play it on the 5'th fret on the B'string
and so on?
Quote by deathbycontrol
I'm open to just about anything really

try to play gorillaz they play... well just about anything really
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
I don't know of many bands that play easier 5 string bass songs but I do often play Dream Theater and sometimes Protest The Hero, the basslines can be very technical though.
[Insert something clever here]
Demon Hunter isn't too complicated and a lot of their stuff is in drop B. (which can easily be translated to B standard)
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I reccomend In Flames, their basslines are easy, groovy and diverse. You can also try to play 4 stringed songs and transpose Higher notes down an octave on the B string. It tends to give some easy listening songs more depth
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
i know Nickleback has a 5 string bassist, also alot of screamo bands, e.g. Parkway Drive, BMTH, Black Veil Brides, etc, thats what i'm gonna be using mine for anyway when i get like another £300/:
Finger Eleven have SICK basslines for 5 strings. Gives you some ideas on how to use when playin with guitars in standard (as opposed to doubling deathmetal bands in drop B)

Protest the hero used a 5 on Fortress and beyond. Not all of the songs use it. Bone Marrow does though.
Cannibal Corpse used a 5 on their new albums. Theres also Obscura that uses a 6 but you can play on a 5. New Trivium is played on a 5.
Also BTBAM is probably the best 5 string songs Ive ever played. If you dont mind tuning to Ab.

Edit:
If the 2nd paragraph may be a little techinical.

Death's last 2 albums use 5 I think. Festering in the Crypts by CC is good. I also sometimes bring some songs down the octave using my 5.
Last edited by corrda00 at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by I.shower.naked
Doesn't Rob Trujillo of Metallica use a 5-string bass?

Yeah, a couple of songs off of Death Magnetic are played on a 5-er, I just don't remember which ones off the top of my head
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."

So what...I like Metal...sue me

"music elitists"
I'm going to use Ben's favourite phrase here.

Any song you play on 4 you can play on a 5 with more efficient hand movement. Its one of the main reasons I love my 6er.