A friend of mine and I are planning to get locking tuners for our guitars. I have a Schecter Omen 6 and he has a Tempest Custom. We found the Schaller mini locking tuners on Warmoth for $10 per tuner and we were wondering if it was a direct fit or not?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
They might, but its more than likely they won't. Tuner manufacturers all have different dimensions and screw locations.
If you're wrapping the strings properly, locking tuners won't really do anything but make restringing a bit quicker.
As previously stated, if you can string a guitar properly, you don't need locking tuners. I have a Jackson LFR on my guitar and mine stay in tune for a week or more of playing.

Also, I saw locking tuners on GFS for half that price the other day, might not have been Schaller but a lock is a lock. And a Grover or Gotoh lock will do just as well.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I just got a set of the $35 GFS Gotoh-style locking tuners and they're good steel machined tuners.

As for the fit, you'll need to take one of your tuners off the next time you change strings and measure the hole to be sure the size is correct. Schecter guitars normally have 10mm Gotoh/Grover tuners, but you might as well double-check before you order anything.
Quote by VanTheKraut
As previously stated, if you can string a guitar properly, you don't need locking tuners. I have a Jackson LFR on my guitar and mine stay in tune for a week or more of playing.

You have a Floyd, the tuners have no effect on tuning stability, unless you aren't locking the nut.
Quote by littlephil
You have a Floyd, the tuners have no effect on tuning stability, unless you aren't locking the nut.

yup. which makes it just usefull for vintage style trems....of stop tails if they are going out of tune. but even then a rolling nut would be more beneficial.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I installed a set of schallers on my buddies damien a while ago. It was a direct fit in his case. Should be the same for you. Just make sure you buy the right configuration.
You have to be very careful with the mounting screws for GFS tuners. They are VERY cheap. I was putting a set on a frankenstrat, and had half the screws shear off before they were halfway in the headstock. If you go GFS I'd reccommend getting better quality screws, or at least running a small drill bit into the hole to make sure the size is appropriate.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by a_hub10
I installed a set of schallers on my buddies damien a while ago. It was a direct fit in his case. Should be the same for you. Just make sure you buy the right configuration.

well, this was the answer i was searchin for. thanks very much

thanks to everyone who had answered as well.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"