I'm sure as shit not going to watch that without a TL;DR from TS first.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Seriously this whole G20 thing is starting to annoy me.

Go look at Libya, or many of the Arabic countries in that region right now. Now that's something worth caring about, yet no body does. They just care about themselves. So they finally got a small taste of what it's like to be a protester in Libya, and they make a big deal out of it.

Okay, so rights were violated, yes it's serious, but this happened over a year ago, and nobody died. Meanwhile over a hundred people were murdered while they were protesting in Libya. Why don't those people who claim to be victims of the G20 protests use their 'experience' as inspiration to put an end to such violence happening right now, instead of moping about the past.
Last edited by zincabopataurio at Aug 6, 2011,
Quote by Jon777
...Lydia?

woops thinking about something else while typing often causes me to type wrong words, fixed
Quote by zincabopataurio
Seriously this whole G20 thing is starting to annoy me.

Go look at Lydia, or many of the Arabic countries in that region right now. Now that's something worth caring about, yet no body does. They just care about themselves. So they finally got a small taste of what it's like to be a protester in Libia, and they make a big deal out of it.

Okay, so rights were violated, yes it's serious, but this happened over a year ago, and nobody died. Meanwhile over a hundred people were murdered while they were protesting in Libia. Why don't those people who claim to be victims of the G20 protests use their 'experience' as inspiration to put an end to such violence happening right now, instead of moping about the past.

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by zincabopataurio
So all of you are going to comment on my typo?

I think it's pretty important

We've discussed Libya at great length, here in the pit; I don't see why we can't talk about, and keep in mind, both of these events.

If you're looking to marginalize frivolous threads to make way for the real ''issues'' :P You have entered the wrong conversation.
What about the Lydians? Won't somebody please think of the Lydians?

I think that guy's confusing Libya with Syria anyway.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
You know, from what I've gathered, the Protesters were getting violent. And as much as people have the right to assemble, there is no right to be violent.

Also, the G20 itself is a joke.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You know, from what I've gathered, the Protesters were getting violent. And as much as people have the right to assemble, there is no right to be violent.

From what I can remember of the events that happened last year, the violence was started by an anarchist group called the Black Bloc, which apparently was reason enough for the cops to assume everyone taking part in the G20 protest is somehow related to this group, which creates tension and sensationalized prejudice amongst everybody..
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Nigga, click that link.

Therein, you will find evidence of mad, belligerent pit-bull cops snatching, arresting and otherwise kicking the shit out of unarmed peaceful protestors. Rounding people up at random; cramming 40 people into 10 person cells in warehouses for 2 days with no recourse to legal council or contact with the outside world.

Watch from the 3 quarter mark, about, and you'll see.

Also, undercover cops have been busted in the past for infiltrating protests and contriving a pretext for a total crack down. See Montebello, also featured in the documentary.
Last edited by Rising at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by Rising

Nigga, click that link.
I don't have time to watch a youtube clip longer than 10minutes.

On a different note, does anyone think the G20 is helpful? It's essentially a group of bankers who meddle in the economy. Also, what about President Obama deciding to tell the G20 off last time they all met? Pretty pretentious, huh?
Quote by Slaughtered
From what I can remember of the events that happened last year, the violence was started by an anarchist group called the Black Bloc, which apparently was reason enough for the cops to assume everyone taking part in the G20 protest is somehow related to this group, which creates tension and sensationalized prejudice amongst everybody..

Black Bloc is a technique, not a group. But basically, yeah. A few asshats started destroying things then blended back into the crowds, rinse repeat. The stupid meathead cops were too moronic to figure out how to stop it, so we'll just unneccessarily arrest everyone right?!?! To be fair, there were some good cops there though (one stopped my buddies gf from getting trampled and didn't arrest her like the pricks were doing to innocent people). Check out this prick

Basically, all you need to know about the G20 is that Stephen Harper is a cunt who ignored everyone from Toronto's advice and unnecessarily held the event in the worst possible place for photo-op purposes. The result was our downtown getting raped. He also spent a ridiculous amount of money even though he was pushing 'we've got to cut spending herp derp im a ****head' rhetoric.

Some prick also smashed my window.

I haven't checked your link, and I probably won't, but there is one full documentary on youtube that is really good. It goes psycho and Zoot-esque towards the end, but for the most part it is really good. The guy from TVO is in it a bit, worth it just for his bit.

edit: oh, your link is that one. It gets a little crazy towards the end, can't remember how much I watched before it got bloody insane though.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

On a different note, does anyone think the G20 is helpful? It's essentially a group of bankers who meddle in the economy. Also, what about President Obama deciding to tell the G20 off last time they all met? Pretty pretentious, huh?

The entire G20 thing is patronising in the extreme anyway. It's been slightly better more recently but the idea remains crap.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Oh yeah, and the entire thing was a legal disaster. Do you realise just how many rights we are guaranteed in the charter that they removed? ****ing disgusting.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I insist. Bring the video up to 1:18:00 for a real choice shot of a riot cop shooting a woman with a tear-gas cannister gun from maybe 11 feet away.

Sorry this is all such a hassle
Quote by Thrashtastic15

I haven't checked your link, and I probably won't, but there is one full documentary on youtube that is really good. It goes psycho and Zoot-esque towards the end, but for the most part it is really good. The guy from TVO is in it a bit, worth it just for his bit.

edit: oh, your link is that one. It gets a little crazy towards the end, can't remember how much I watched before it got bloody insane though.

I didn't care too much for the Alex Jones bit, either. They also should of cut out the shitty music while interviewing the detainees--the facts hold up and speak just fine on their own.

On the black bloc, however, I don't see what everyone's problem is. Why should the police have an absolute monopoly on violence? It's outrageous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP_LB_ZhcTA

This chick gets booked for ''ASSAULT" because she blew soap bubbles in the vicinity of a riot cop, meanwhile, all these people are getting hurt and arrested for no reason.

JFK once said something which I thought was very profound in one of his speeches. He said that "Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent revolution inevitable".

If the police have every intention to put you under mass internment, whether you're peaceful or not (this is corroborated by footage in the link I posted) it follows naturally that others would resort to violence.

EDIT: Don't be gay, bonhomme.
Quote by Rising
I didn't care too much for the Alex Jones bit, either. They also should of cut out the shitty music while interviewing the detainees--the facts hold up and speak just fine on their own.

On the black bloc, however, I don't see what everyone's problem is. Why should the police have an absolute monopoly on violence? It's outrageous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP_LB_ZhcTA

This chick gets booked for ''ASSAULT" because she blew soap bubbles in the vicinity of a riot cop, meanwhile, all these people are getting hurt and arrested for no reason.

JFK once said something which I thought was very profound in one of his speeches. He said that "Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent revolution inevitable".

If the police have every intention to put you under mass internment, whether you're peaceful or not (this is corroborated by footage in the link I posted) it follows naturally that others would resort to violence.

EDIT: Don't be gay, bonhomme.

I already posted officer bubbles in all his douchey glory.

Solution to violence is not more violence. I can't stand these herp derpy anarchist groups, they make me ashamed to hold the political beliefs that I do.
Quote by Rising

That line of reasoning may justify violent revolution, which has a purpose and a plan, and ultimately must be constructive. It does not however justify aimless destructive rioting.

I fully understand the anger of people and the temptation to riot, but ultimately such behaviour is distinctly unproductive.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I already posted officer bubbles in all his douchey glory.

Solution to violence is not more violence. I can't stand these herp derpy anarchist groups, they make me ashamed to hold the political beliefs that I do.

Would anybody of taken the non-violent Martin Luther King Jr. seriously if they didn't have the militant Malcolm X to contend with alternatively?

Im not even necessarily saying I condone or encourage members of a black bloc. All Im saying is that I empathize.

If you're a group of peaceful ''sit-down'' protestors and you're STILL getting mowed down with cayenne-based mace, and you're STILL getting arrested--I can understand that you're going to be super fucking pissed Under these circumstances, it makes perfect sense why more and more black blocs are popping up.

EDIT: Here's an idea. When the police encounter a distinctly peaceful sect of protestors, why don't they have some PR spokesman of the police dept. on-hand to get a dialogue going?
Quote by Rising
Would anybody of taken the non-violent Martin Luther King Jr. seriously if they didn't have the militant Malcolm X to contend with alternatively?

Im not even necessarily saying I condone or encourage members of a black bloc. All Im saying is that I empathize.

If you're a group of peaceful ''sit-down'' protestors and you're STILL getting mowed down with cayenne-based mace, and you're STILL getting arrested--I can understand that you're going to be super ****ing pissed Under these circumstances, it makes perfect sense why more and more black blocs are popping up.

If you're a group of peaceful ''sit-down'' protesters and you're STILL getting mowed down with cayenne-based mace because some stupid kid-mentality anarchist group shit on your party and ****ed everything up for everyone then you just get out of the way and go home, it's over, it was over the moment they got there and shit went sour, so just get out and you won't get arrested. If you seriously cannot grasp the concept of why your protest was literally ruined even before you started it because of these organized anarchists then I would suggest you open your mind a tad before you start protests and maybe consider possible mishaps like that happening to you. When shit hit the fan, you chose to stay there at a point where the protest was completely misguided by these people by the time it began and you did a noble (for your cause) but foolish decision to stay in an area which was pretty much declared fair game for cops to arrest people for any sort of suspicion because in a riot with thousands of people you don't take chances. I'd rather arrest someone on a suspicion of something and release them later then to tie my brain in knots trying not to hurt someone's feelings or spending half an hour deciding if ONE person absolutely needs to be taken in or violating some right that the detained most likely doesn't even know about nor would they even respect it if it came to that.

You see, the problem with that right there is that you're assuming each passive demonstration the cops shut down was preceded by some sort of atrocity on the part of the protestors when video footage of this human-rights catastrophe CLEARLY shows that to be a falsehood.

EDIT: Perhaps you're the one who should open your mind. Have you considered maybe that the black bloc could exist just as easily in response to aggressive police tactics? Instead of it always being the other way around?
Quote by Rising

You see, the problem with that right there is that you're assuming each passive demonstration the cops shut down was preceded by some sort of atrocity on the part of the protestors when video footage of this human-rights catastrophe CLEARLY shows that to be a falsehood.

**** off and look at what is actually happening in places like Syria you idiot.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

Relax.

There's a thread on Pokemon, and a thread on Pro Wrestling, and somehow Im the bandwidth-wasting moron?

This is Canada. Not Syria. Syria is an autocrat shit-hole with no standards. Here, we have standards and we expect our cops and politicians to meet and protect these standards.

If anything, you're insulting the people of Syria who are dying to earn the same universal rights you seem so careless to throw away.
Quote by Rising

I keep seeing on G20 videos about protesters being pissed off at the fact that anarchists were constantly getting involved in anything that would pop up. The sad part is that they followed human nature, got mad, and stayed there, and things got worse. Next thing you know they're doing the exact same thing the anarchists started doing and they don't even know it. And afterwards they pull out all of the easiest excuses to think up to claim their innocence or proper cause. The anarchists were quite smart because they knew how to transform ordinary people into their own auto-pilot pawns by instilling rage, one-sided views and chaos.

It kind of reminds of this thing I was watching once about swarm mentality (about birds, locusts and whatnot). The locusts are perfectly fine by themselves, but when they get together in rich food areas they collect in masses. They get so close to each other that their behavior goes completely flip-side up. They start eating crops relentlessly, they even eat each other for no real reason, females prematurely spew their eggs on the ground (as opposed to the careful process of burying them after tasting the ground for proper pH). It becomes a senseless, completely polarized behavior of how they were before.

And now, I just went from politics to insect psychology. You get how it relates... I just need a break after that wild shift lol
Quote by Tom 1.0

We like our precious luxurious freedoms too much to compare situations globally.
Quote by metalblaster
If you're a group of peaceful ''sit-down'' protesters and you're STILL getting mowed down with cayenne-based mace because some stupid kid-mentality anarchist group shit on your party and ****ed everything up for everyone then you just get out of the way and go home, it's over, it was over the moment they got there .

Nah. That's a terrible idea. It essentially gives any group that doesn't want someone else to be able to protest a perfect way to silence any group they disagree with. Be that the government deploying agents provocateurs or a left wing group rioting to prevent a right wing group protesting.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
I experienced the g20 in Edinburgh when some little shit tried to attack me for wearing a suit. The cops turned a blind eye when i stabbed him with my sense of victimisation.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Nah. That's a terrible idea. It essentially gives any group that doesn't want someone else to be able to protest a perfect way to silence any group they disagree with. Be that the government deploying agents provocateurs or a left wing group rioting to prevent a right wing group protesting.

It's not right of them to do that, but they did it. So realistically the only option is to back off and call it quits, they had the advantage before they even started the protest. Save yourself now or take a chance, basically. Don't be surprised if your rash quick thinking ideas blow up in your face even though we know you will act surprised.
Are you wearing your tinfoil hat OP?
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Dreadnought
"militarization" lol

What a shitty buzzword

They were issued military arms and wrongly declared the city under marshall law.
Quote by Rising
I insist. Bring the video up to 1:18:00 for a real choice shot of a riot cop shooting a woman with a tear-gas cannister gun from maybe 11 feet away.

Sorry this is all such a hassle
No.

I don't need a video to tell me that the police abused their powers. But honestly, if they just didn't have G20 meetings, the world would be better off, imho.