Page 1 of 2
Me and my two friends started a silly little band, we played Taylor Swift songs, I brought some David Bazan stuff, it was all fun and games.

Me and the girl who sings got a good thing going, I really only played in the band to spend more time with this girl, and now her dad is getting involved with the band because he has good connections (recording deals, gigs, ect.) and he's really pushing towards us getting big.

I'm a metal head/ indie songwriter, I don't want a Disney band career, I just thought this was all for fun. But if I back down things will be tense around between me and my friends, and the girl's dad will give me a bad wrap because if I leave the band is done.

WTF do I do?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Yah, I was a little kid, and the dog was always humping legs. I figured "well wtf, poor guy doesn't has any thumbs"
You change your avatar. CreepingDeath13 already has that one.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Bro, when in doubt, rub one out.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
tell them "I'm a metal head/ indie songwriter, I don't want a Disney band career, I just thought this was all for fun."
Become famous and have sex with all the Disney teens you want.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
tell them you didn't expect things to move so fast, and that this isn't your cup 'o tea
Quote by doomded

this.

also, just do it. if you ever have a shot "making it" as a musician, this is it. you may never ever get that kind of chance again. and then millions of girls will love you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
No. Continue with the project. Grow huge. Be regarded by the readers of this site as "pieces of collected shit that makes music". Then pursue a solo career that blows the world away with metal masterpieriffces.
I always wanted to go on american idol, win it, then put out a death metal album...You now have a similar chance....dont **** it up
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Just because her dad has connections doesn't mean it'll turn into some sort of "Jonas Brothers" thing. But do what you want.

Quote by doomded

And this.
Enjoy the ride brah.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
treat it like a job dude, you do it up untill you get enough money to record your own stuff, with the gear you want.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Its an oppurtunity, take it. Even if its not your style, its a financial miracle. Its a music bussiness, you play for just that... business. The music industry isnt so forgiving, nor big on second chances. Besides, if you get in and establish connections yourself and meet around, youll eventually be able to follow your own personal aspirations. Depends on what drives you, some are in it for the money, some for the women, some for fame, and even a very few are in just for the love of music.
Keep doing it

Bang her after shows.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Keep doing it

Bang her after shows.

this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
If it was fun before he started getting involved, why can't it still be fun afterwards?

Alternatively, start writing more indy stuff and bring it to the band to play.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Have a threesome with her and her dad.

During a show.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
1. Play shitty disney tunes.
2. Get signed.
3. Win girl's heart.
4. Branch out later and write your own shit.
5. ???
6. Profit
Quote by Jawlytomtom
get rich

and then sit at home writting indie/metal songs?

sounds obvious to me

This should be a total No-brainer.

TS Why you're even asking the pit at UG. If you should stick with a band that looks like it very likely could be a commercial success.

It could make your reputation as a musician.

Who knows you might even end up in indie or metal band at some point...
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
It sounds like you're only playing covers. Say you want to start composing your own songs, and bring in your indie influences? Also, does he really have connections?
Quote by doomded

It's a stock UG avatar.

just do it. When you become a millionaire, you can make all the metal you want.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by So-Cal
Become rich and famous and write metal/indie in your own time.

Yes Yes YES.

Doo eeeeet!
Quote by byob_soad2
tell them "I'm a metal head/ indie songwriter, I don't want a Disney band career, I just thought this was all for fun."

nah, tell them: I'm only in this shitty band so I can bang your daughter so stop interfering.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Do it sell out like a boss and reap maximum profitz. When you think about it, its not as degrading as a lot of other jobs also I advise getting legal council do you don't get ****ed.
Man up.
Do it.
Get rich.
Quit and do your own stuff.
Shag the girl over and over.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by byob_soad2

MY GOD! That's crazy!

So crazy that it just might work!!!
Get famous. WHO CARES?
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Get famous for being on Disney then after a year or two go solo and write your own Metal-stuff and not be taken seriously because you were on Disney. The commit seppuku.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I remember when HeatMaster22 used to be cool.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
You may like this 'Disney' band. It may open more opportunities. I'm a deadset metalhead rocker but I play in a country band because I'm getting huge gigs with it. You feel me brah?
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Carry it on. Just do it. Then as others have said, get famous and do it your own way after quitting. That is if you get popular enough... maybe you need to get known for some "antics" or something to get people to sheep up to you. Or you know, just stay in the band. Taylor Swift isn't the most disneyest? band out there. I haven't heard an awful lot of her stuff, but she seems a decent songwriter. Just do it .
This will start a RIOT! in me
Page 1 of 2