So I went and got a glass slide on impulse. Unfortunately it doesn't fit my ring finger, but it fits my pinky like a glove.

Anyways I'm wondering, what should I look for when buying slides (gonna go back and properly buy one).
It just has to feel comfortable. Myself, I use the slide on my pinky finger so it's easier to play normally with the other three fingers.
Finding the material you like is the hardest part. I hate brass because it's too heavy. I used glass for many many years but recently moved to stainless steel. Glass is more forgiving and easier to learn with. Steel sounds more like a fretted note.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i use a glass slide that fits tightly around my ring finger. I prefer glass slides, and I personally have more control than if i have the slide on my pinky.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
There's nothing wrong with putting the slide on my pinky though right? I noticed Guthrie Govan does this too (I was thinking of him as I bought the slide). Anything wrong with this in the long run?

Also the slide fits about 2/3 of the way down my ring finger, and it's still usable like thing. Anything wrong with that?
People use either finger. The advantage of using the ring finger is that you can use your pinky to deaden strings you don't want to ring out. I use my right hand to do that. It's all a matter of personal preference.
How it fits is also taste. You just need good control over it. Too tight and it gets annoying and even painful. Too big and it falls off.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification